Ch - 17

After an hour , the cab reached a bridge over a lake . It was late at night and the whole place was calm . Wen Ke Xing paid the bill and came down from the cab .

The cab went away . Wen Ke Xing walked to his favourite seat on the bridge . There was no one else except Wen Ke Xing on the bridge .

For the last few months , when Wen Ke Xing didn't return with Zhou Zi Shu after college in the name of studying with Yan Lan , Wen Ke Xing was actually going there .

It's true that Wen Ke Xing some days went to study with Yan Lan at a cafe . But most of the days , he would visit and sit on the bridge and would pass his time watching the lake .

Wen Ke Xing's phone started ringing . The call was from Zhou Zi Shu . The call kept ringing . He didn't receive the call .

Soon there was a call from Yan Lan . Wen Ke Xing received the call . Yan Lan excitedly wished him on his birthday . Wen Ke Xing thanked him but his voice sounded broken . Yan Lan felt suspicious .

Yan Lan told Wen Ke Xing , she would video call him and Wen Ke Xing had to receive the call . If he didn't , Yan Lan threatened she would come to visit Wen Ke Xing at his house .

When Wen Ke Xing checked the wrist watch , it was already one forty in the night and Wen Ke Xing knew it well , nothing was impossible for her to do .

Wen Ke Xing received the video call . Yan Lan looked at Wen Ke Xing and saw how heartbroken he was looking . Wen Ke Xing's face was swollen . His eyes were red from crying .

Yan Lan noticed he was not at home . She felt worried about where Wen Ke Xing went so late at night .

" Wen Ke Xing , where are you ? "

" At the bridge ! "

Before Yan Lan could say anything , Wen Ke Xing started crying that he shouldn't have taken such a big risk of confessing his feelings to Zhou Zi Shu .

Yan Lan understood Wen Ke Xing's pain . She was going through the same pain as Wen Ke Xing .

Yan Lan thought at least Wen Ke Xing was brave enough to confess to Zhou Zi Shu not like her , she didn't gather courage to confess to Wen Ke Xing . And had to endure the one sided love on her own .

" Yan Lan , I shouldn't have confessed ! …

….. Gege will hate me now ! "

" Wen Ke Xing , you have done the right thing ! ….

…. It is better to be hated for your real feelings than to get loved for your false feelings ! " Yan Lan released a sigh . Wen Ke Xing looked at her …. " Yan Lan , bye ! " Wen Ke Xing ended the video call .

Wen Ke Xing kept looking at the lake . Tears kept flowing down from her eyes . Suddenly his phone started to beep from chat notifications .