Ch - 13

At school , Wen Ke Xing was studying with Yan Lan like everyday . But he doesn't seem like usual . He was acting weird . At least Yan Lan had come to conclusions after analysing Wen Ke Xing's every activity .

It was not new . Yan Lan had been seeing these changes in Wen Ke Xing for the last two months . Everytime Yan Lan thought she would ask Wen Ke Xing about it . Next moment it arises to her what if it is to intrude into Wen Ke Xing's privacy .

Yan Lan kept bearing it for these months . But she couldn't take it anymore . Not now that , when Wen Ke Xing's lacking concentrations started affecting his studies .

The brilliant students like Wen Ke Xing started to look clueless during the lessons . Wen Ke Xing even started to make mistakes while solving sums during their study sessions in the library .

Which was almost next to impossible for a studious student like Wen Ke Xing . Even though Wen Ke Xing and Yan Lan haven't become boyfriend and girlfriend yet .

Still they were really each other's best friend . And Yan Lan couldn't afford to see her best friend Wen Ke Xing's condition like this . Yan Lan decided she had to do something immediately or it would be too late before Wen Ke Xing's studies got hampered .

Yan Lan held Wen Ke Xing's hand. She pulled the pen out of his hand ….

" Wen Ke Xing , tell me what is going on with you ? …..

…. Why are you looking so different ? What is troubling you , tell me ! "

" Nothing , Yan Lan ! " …. Wen Ke Xing lied . He tried to take the pen back from her hand .

Yan Lan hit Wen Ke Xing's hand ….. " I want to know the truth ! …. Truth ! " … Yan Lan asked in a serious tone .

Wen Ke Xing was deciding whether he should tell the truth to Yan Lan or not . He was afraid Yan Lan would be disgusted with him after knowing the truth .

" Wen Ke Xing , don't think much ! …. Remember best friends share everything with each other ! "

Wen Ke Xing seemed to consider Yan Lan's words . He looked at her … " Tell me , you won't feel disgusted with me after knowing the truth ? "

" I would never ! " …. Yan Lan promised . She had a soft smile on her face .

" Yan Lan , I fell in love with someone ! " … Wen Ke Xing dropped his gaze . Yan Lan felt her heart skip a beat . She thought Wen Ke Xing might be talking about her and he was afraid to confess to her .

YAN LAN

YAN LAN

" With whom ? " …. Yan Lan asked with a hidden anticipation in her heart . Seeing Wen Ke Xing's sad face she held his hand and walked to an empty spot on the school grounds .