Chapter 10

After a long night of debate, I decided that I was going to call Jake and ask his point of view.

"Jake?" I asked

"Sorry love, wrong number, "a girl replied from the other line.

"Wait," I called out before she could cut the line, "I need to speak to Jake Gracia!"

Suddenly, I could hear Jake's voice, "Sorry, that was my older sister, may I ask who's speaking?"

I let out a sigh of relief, since I thought the worse before actually coming with reasons for a women on the other line, "Jake?" I mumbled his name again.

"Tricky, " he replied almost instantly, "don't cut the call, and listen to me, please?"

"Jake?" I interrupted

"Mhmm?" He mumbled with a hint of worry in his voice

"Can we meet up?" I asked him with timorous in my voice

I could practically see him jumping from his bed, "of coarse, where do you wanna meet up?"

"Would RSMP work?" I asked

"Yes, at 7 tomorrow?" I hummed into the phone and he cut the line. You may ask, that RSMP doesn't make sense.... actually it is a short form, and only some people know where it is. It stands for, 'Relationship- Solving- Meeting-Place' The person who owns the café, would always come here to a spot, where he could see the sunset and solve his problems with his girlfriend (now wife). He opened up the place, so people could come, see the sunset, and solve their problems.

The next day at 6:

I put my hair in a messy bun, and wore dark blue skinny jeans with a loose cardigan shirt over my black lacey bra.

I arrived at the café at exactly 7 and looked around trying to find Jake. As I spotted him, my lips suddenly changed into a smile and I walked elegantly towards him. I ordered myself a hot coffee, as he ordered a chocolate cake for himself. We both drank and ate in silence, until I took the fork out of his hand and took a bite from the tempting dessert that was placed in-front of him. He pouted like a child, and ran his thumb over my lips to remove the crumbs.

I sighed, and fell back into the seat that I was sitting on. I crossed my arms in-front of my chest and stated, "I didn't invite you to have a little chat, I wanted to hear what you had to say, and I promise... I will not interrupt, or get up and leave, or start shouting at you, or put a bullet in your head, instead, I will listen to you!" He looked me straight in the eye for a moment, before speaking, "first of all, I would like to ask you why you left?"

"Jake, this isn't about that!" I tried to hide my pain, but failed.

"Fine," he replied hoarsely, which honestly petrified me, "don't answer that one, but tell me one thing.... that night, on the date of the ball, you ran into me, dropped both trays of 25 cupcakes, and I quote said 'stay away from me Jake! Don't talk to me, don't do anything related to me' why?"

I silently sipped my hot chocolate, and replied to him with a sneer plastered on my face, "I had gotten a call that evening, seconds, before you came in.... they said that the bullet, that my mother got shot with, matched your gun!" I stopped to read him facial expression, but like always, his face was expressionless, "Now my turn to ask you a question.... was it true? Was the bullet shot from YOUR gun?" He smirked, but that smirk died down with a sad expression, "it is true, but Sofia.... my mother was the one who shot your mother, not me"

I looked down at my thighs trying to cover up the tears that were threatening to spill from me eyes, I asked him with a weak voice, "did you know my real name before Abuela said it on the stage?"

"I did," this time he replied maliciously, "and I see, you have found your dear 'Abuela'" He said the word Abuela exactly like how a Spanish person would say it. I looked at him with shock, "how did you say it perfectly?" He smiled, walked towards me, and held my chin harshly between his fingers, "because mi amor, I have Spanish heritage... in other words, Soy el heredero de la mafia española (I am the heir to the Spanish mafia)" Before leaving my chin, he put his lips next to my ear, and whispered harshly, "Nuestra boda se acerca en una semana (Our wedding is coming up in a week) don't forget!"

With that, he left my chin, leaving me stupefied!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't really stuck to the game's plot as you would have noticed! Didn't see that coming, did you? What do you think of Jake now? Comment and vote, and don't hesitate to write ideas for the story, or feedback (even if it is bad)! See you next time! 💕💕

Adios mis lectoras/ Adios mis lectores

(Goodbye my readers)