Chapter 28: Sunday ✔

Lying between the sheets, Emily smiled up at Alistar. She could not believe what had happened. Some of the things they did still made her blush, not that she wouldn't do them again with Alistar in a heartbeat given a chance. "Are you ok?" Alistar asked, playing with a lock of her hair. "Mmmm, very," Emily said, lifting her head to look at Alistar, moving closer to kiss him. Just then, Emily's stomach gave a loud growl. Feeling embarrassed, Emily hid her face underneath the blanket, causing Alistar to burst out laughing. "My dear little human, I think I need to get some food in you."  

"I quickly need to shower before I go down," Emily said, sitting up, trying to see what would be the best way to get up from the huge bed. 

"Do you want me to come and wash your back?" Alistar asked with a devilish grin. 

"No, because then we will never leave this room and I need coffee." 

"I swear if you ever leave me, it will be for someone with a coffee truck," Alistar joked, giving Emily a quick kiss before helping her down the bed, ensuring she could stand before taking his hands away. 

30 minutes later, Alistar and Emily walked hand in hand out of the room, down the stairs, and into the kitchen. The rest of the house was dead quiet and dark. Switching on the lights in the kitchen Alistar pulled a chair out for Emily to sit. "Everyone still asleep?" Listening for a moment, Alistar replied, "Michael and Gregory are still sleeping and Angelo is on the roof watching the sunrise." 

"Does he do that every morning?"

"He also doesn't sleep and I think he enjoys watching the promise a new day brings," Alistar said over his shoulder, making Emily's coffee.

"Do you ever miss going into the sun?" Emily asked, smiling as he put the cup down in front of her "Thanks." 

"I can't even remember how it looks in real life or how it felt on my skin," unsure how to continue, "coffee is the only thing I can make. Do you mind making your own breakfast?"

"I don't mind at all. The coffee is delicious, thank you, when did you learn to make coffee? " Emily asked, sitting forward, excited to learn more about Alistar.

"I had Michael teach me how to use the coffee machine when I learned how much of a caffeine addict you are," Alistar said, embarrassed, looking at Emily, who stood on her tippy toes to kiss him on his cheek. "Thank you, that was very sweet."

"Good morning," Angelo said from the door, "I thought I heard voices. Did you sleep well" 

Blushing, Emily greeted, "Yes, thank you."

"Sit down, let me make breakfast," Angelo said, opening the fridge and started taking out ingredients. "Do you eat normal human food? Emily asks, watching Angelo work. "I do and thankfully, for the others living here, I love to cook." 

"Angelo is very protective about the kitchen and doesn't allow anyone else to cook," Alistar whispered to Emily loud enough for Angelo to hear. In mock shock, Angelo threw a dishtowel at Alistar, which Alistar caught easily. 

By the time Angelo was finished making breakfast, both Gregory and Michael were awake. Greeting as they walked into the kitchen, they joined the group sitting around a big kitchen table, and everyone was laughing and joking. Feeling a bit guilty for eating in front of Alistar, Emily sat back and asked quietly, "I feel a bit guilty. Is there really nothing you can eat?"

"You?" Alistar joked, taking Emily's hand, turning her wrist around, pretending to bite her. Emily sucked in her breath, biting her lip. She could feel heat spreading through her body. Alistar smiled he knew precisely what she was thinking by the way her heartbeat went up. Placing a kiss on her hand before letting go. Emily quickly looked at the rest of the people around the table, but luckily it seemed like they missed the little interaction between Alistar and herself.