Ch.39

A/N: Hello peeps! I want to say thank you so much for your kind and sweet response to my note yesterday. I'm feeling so much better and yaaayy I finished this chapter but still, I wrote this chapter when I still feel lightheaded so pardon me in advance if there's a spell error or anything that doesn't make sense in it. lol. Lizzie's picture that I use is to show you what I imagine she wears in this chapter. Well, alright I gotta stop talking now and let you enjoy this chapter. See you in another note after this chapter. :D Happy reading!

You left in a hurry, holding back your tears. Aubrey feels really bad for you. Both you and Lizzie parted with heavy hearts after the rambling conversation in front of Aubrey. You go back to your place with so much emotion. From your memories of Gwen lately, your conflicted feelings and minds about everything between you and Lizzie but mostly from what she said that both of you will never date each other.

Meanwhile Lizzie, standing in the bathroom in front of her mirror. Her heart filled with sadness and disappointment from what she heard from you that both of you are just friends.

She hates it. She hates it that now she has to hold herself back whenever she wants to hug you or touch your face like she always does. She hates it that she has to hold her smile when she sees you smiling. Her mood plummeted. She even feels her heart ache from it and her eyes swim in tears. In one blink she did her tears run down her cheeks. 

She questions herself what she is feeling and why it even bothers her. She tries to convince herself that hearing you said both of you are just friends shouldn't bother her at all let alone get upset or have a heartache about it. She brought her hands up to her face and wiped her tears. She takes a long deep breath, hoping it will ease the heartache and gets ready for the day.

Back to your place, you try to do some work and you can't concentrate. All you can do now is just sitting on the edge of your bed, looking at the framed picture she gave you. Lizzie fills your head. Her voice that you adore so much, that always gives butterflies and comfort keeps repeating itself in your head saying that both of you will never date and it makes your heart wrenched. It hurts you all over again every time her voice repeats that statement of hers in your head.

You try to make yourself feel better by thinking at least it's not too late to know that. At least you heard it before you grow more feeling for her. At least you know what to do now, hold yourself back and try to keep being as professional as you can even though it will be hard for you. Or at least act like friends to each other no matter how badly you want to hug her, no matter how much you yearn for her touch, her scents that lay on your senses every time you are near her and the hardest part is when you really have the urge to feel those sweet lips on yours and feel her smile on your lips.

You heard your phone notify you of a text. You quickly wish that it's from Lizzie but it's Aubrey. "Y/n, are you okay babe?"

You think that it's sweet how Aubrey cares and notices what's going on with you but there is one thing you need to remind her so you replied to her. "I'm okay Aubrey. Thank you for asking. Can you do me a favor? Please don't say anything to Lizzie about what we talked about earlier."

As much as Aubrey wants to do the opposite, all she can do now is to respect your request and figure out another way to solve the tangled lines of feelings between you and Lizzie. "Okay y/n. Don't worry. Why don't we have dinner tonight? I will let you know the place and time later."

Aubrey gets no reply from you. Lizzie finally shows up to the living room, sadness evident in her face. "Well, welcome back stalker! It was quite an old post that you liked, so you scrolled pretty far to check on y/n?" Aubrey teases and tries to lift up her mood. Aubrey notices it, and she knows why. "Oh shut up Aubrey, it was an accident." Lizzie retorted and avoided her bestfriends eyes.