Ch. 9

You fell asleep last night once you finally got everything done and prepared for today's schedule. You were exhausted from the long flight and yesterday's activity not to mention you were drained from your argument with Lizzie.

As much as your body feels so comfortable sleeping on the comfy hotel's bed tucked in under the warm comforter, you are awakened with loud knockings on your door. You check the clock that reads 8.02 AM. Since your body is still adjusting with the time difference, it takes time for you to be fully awake but the frantic knocking on your door forces you to quickly grab your glasses and get up from your bed. "I'm coming! I'm coming!" You said it in a light annoyance as you quickly pacing to answer the door.

"Aubrey? What are you doing here so early?" Your morning raspy voice asked her and your eyes squinted to try to adjust with the light as you just woke up.

"Is Lizzie with you?" She ignored your question. Her face looks pale. "What? No. What's going on?" You scratch your head and yawn at the same time when you asked her. "I can't find her anywhere!" Aubrey talked in panic as she pushed past you to get into your room. "Wait what? You can't find who?" You closed your door as you waited in confusion for her answer.

"Lizzie! I can't find her. I woke up at 7.00 and she wasn't in the room. I looked for her everywhere in the room then I thought she probably went down to get breakfast so I called her but went straight to voicemail. I just went downstairs to find her but no luck, so I came here to check if she is with you and apparently she is not." She rambled on answering you, pacing around the room in panic as she bit her nails.

You walk to her and grab both of her shoulders to face you. "Aubrey, calm down. When was the last time you saw her?" You try to ask in a calm tone so she calms down and focuses on you.

"Last night. After dinner, we got back here. I went to bed after her. I went to the bathroom around 6, and she was in the living room. I heard her talking on the phone but I went back to bed and before you asked me who she was talking to, no I didn't know who it was. I couldn't hear it clearly." She tried to give as much detail as she could. A heavy sigh came out of your lips while your mind was running around to figure things out. "Let's go to your room, maybe she left a note or something."

As soon as you both got to their room, you tried to search for any note or clue that might help but there was nothing. You decided to ask the hotel security to help to find her or at least check the camera footage. After a few hours of searching, it leads to nothing but the camera footage that showed Lizzie went out from the room talking on the phone for about 30-40 minutes then to the lobby and she was no longer on the phone then she walked out of the hotel.

Both of you went back to their room. You started to get worried not just about the time ticking closer to the photoshoot schedule as the clock showed it's 10.30 but mainly deep down you are worried about her, her safety since she doesnt know Paris that well, let alone she can't speak French. You came back and sat on the couch with a heavy and frustrated sigh.

"I hope she is okay but I swear to God Aubrey, if she's doing this just to give me a hard time in her own little game, I will lose myself! How was she last night? Did she say anything to you?" You pulled your face down to both of your palms, prompted by both of your elbows on your thigh.

"No, I don't think she's doing this on purpose. She seemed a little off last night too at dinner." She tried to recall from last night. "She told me she had a fight with Robbie last night on a phone call but then she didn't tell me much about it because she knows how much I dont like him. She mentioned that she wished that she was with Robbie here." She added.

The last sentence that she just told you gave you a sudden clue, a very sudden one that you pulled your head up so quick like a deer got alerted by an upcoming headlight. "That's it! I think I know where she is! Let's go!" You said it in a strong assurance.