Ch. 32

A/N: Hello! This is another chapter that has a song related to it. It's "Need You Now" by Lady A. Like in previous song related chapters, I recommend you to listen to it just to get the feeling deeper but it's totally up to you. Okay then, I better let you start reading this chapter. Enjoy! :D

Lizzie closes her door, her head feels so heavy from the hangover. She looks around her room and her eyes lays on the two candles with the aromatherapy diffuser, the aspirin and the food you prepared for her. She sits on the edge of her bed and checks her phone. She sees there is a text from you early in the morning. "Ms. Olsen, I forgot to send you these pictures that day. You can delete them if you don't want them." The three selfies you both took after the flour fight are in the text you sent her. She takes a look at each picture.

All three pictures that have both of you smiling in it, content with each other's warm presence. It hits her. It hits her heart so hard. It triggers her mixed feelings. She's still mad at you but right now she is more mad at herself for not wanting to delete those pictures. She tossed her phone onto the bed.

She then goes to the bathroom. To her surprise Aubrey was right. She finds another two candles lit up and set in there. The exact brand and scent she wants. Her mind ponders, there's no way the package came overnight. The only answer that popped in her mind was you.

She starts to look into the mirror, all she sees is your face from last night. Not only her heart and her mind, even her eyes reminisces the memory of your face she saw when she gently ran her fingers on your face. She swears that she feels your soft skin on the tip of her fingers at the same time she sees you in the mirror. She then looks down to her right hand. Her thumb rubs the two fingers as if she tries to relive the feelings she felt, the comfort that she didn't know that she missed it. The comfort feelings that were left in the back of her heart that was wrapped and covered with pain, anger and disappointment like a barbed wire. Her body felt leaden.

Her heart and her brain are having its own little battle right now. Her heart aches, her mind is angry, then her pride and ego sneak in to defeat her heart. She clenches her fist and closes her eyes at the same time. Tears escape through the corner of her eyes.

Even though what Aubrey said to her starts to get into her mind, it doesn't falter her pride and her ego telling her it's too late to take back her words. She could have disagreed and not let you quit, but she did and she even called Jane about it. Her pride and ego tell her not to take her words back. Her mind is angry but she doesn't even know who she is angry at anymore? To you? Or to herself? Because it's a done deal. It's too late.

Then her heart tries to fight one more time, tries to bargain with her mind and pride. She then decides if you try to tell her your reason once more, she will let you. Your muffled voice brought her back to her daze. She takes a deep breath, pulls her hands up to wipe her tears. She exhales slowly to gather herself.

"Hey morning!" Aubrey opens the door wider so you can get in. "I got you both breakfast. Is she awake?" You asked as you put bags of take away food onto the dark grey kitchen counter. "Yes, she is sitting in her room now, probably thinking about everything. I gave her things to think about you." She winked at you and started to go through the take out bags together with you. "Thank you Aubrey. I really appreciate your help." You answered with a bitter smile patched on your face.

"I noticed the candles. That's so nice of you, you're really trying hard to make it up to her." Aubrey gave you appreciative praise. "Thank you. I am trying to fix it. Besides, it's my job. I know it's too late, and I already booked the ticket for tonight and we will meet Jane tomorrow." You stopped what you were doing for a brief second as you looked down trying to cover your sadness on your face.