Ch. 7

Twenty days had passed since your first day working as Lizzie's assistant, which was also the day of your first argument and that didn't end that day. One is as persistent as the other to win your own little competition that has been started between you two and of course it leads to many unavoidable arguments. Sometimes Lizzie still requests baffling things for you to do here and there just to get on your nerves.

For the last five days you have been preparing everything for Lizzie's Paris trip for a magazine photoshoot. Jane can't come with her so she asked you to come with her to Paris, just you and Lizzie and with the tension that's slowly but for sure building up between the two of you, there is no doubt that she doesn't want to do this trip with you alone. So she asked Aubrey if she could come with her, fortunately Aubrey thought it would be a cool short shopping getaway so she excitedly agreed with it.

You were brought to your surprise to find Aubrey's name when you were in the middle of booking the three tickets. There is an excitement in you that you can see your old friend while you are working and also a relief that at least this trip won't be as bad as if you go only with Lizzie.

Before you know it, the departure date has come. You arrived at Lizzie's house, waiting shortly after you rang the bell. The door is opened and you are greeted with a smiling familiar face.

"Y/N!! Oh my God! Long time no see!" Aubrey comes to give you a tight hug. "Hey Aubrey! Good to see you again. How's everything with you?" You hug her back and you can see Lizzie came and stood behind Aubrey. She sees how Aubrey is so nice to you and happy to see you that she assumes both of you were pretty close friends back then.

"Everything's great! Wow you haven't changed even a bit! Look at you! Why didn't you tell me you are back working with Mitch? I would've visited you at the office." said Aubrey as she gently slapped her hand to your arm. "Well it's a long story, I'll tell you when I can but I'm glad you came with us on this trip." You winked playfully then both of you heard Lizzie clear her throat to break your conversation.

"Morning Ms. Olsen." You nodded as you greeted her. "Morning. All the luggage is ready to be loaded up in the car y/n."

"Okay sure. I'll load it up." Awkwardness and tension break into the room all of sudden. You could see at the corner of your eyes, Lizzie standing there wearing a simple black t-shirt and dark blue distressed jeans and short boots holding her beige long coat.

As you are busy loading up the luggage, Lizzie whispers to her best friend "What was that?" Aubrey's attention quickly captured by her question, looking at Lizzie in confusion. "Uhm what was what?"

"You and Y/n? Just now." She tried to speak as low as she can so you won't hear any of it. "What? I was just saying hi to her. I haven't seen her in a while, that's all. Ah, are you jealous?" She teased. "What? God no." Lizzie gave her biggest disapproval right before you came in.

"Okay, everything ready. Ready to go when you ladies are. I'm just gonna wait in the car." You walked away and nodded at both of them.

The girls finally left for the airport. Aubrey and Lizzie are sitting in the back, laughing, catching up with each other until Aubrey decides to pull you into a conversation while you are driving. "So y/n, how is everything? I'm glad you are back to the business and what a coincidence you are my best friend's assistant now. What else is new to you?"

"Everything's fine I guess and yeah I guess it's a small world that I end up working here with Ms. Olsen, your best friend. So thrilled!" You said it in a slightly sarcastic tone and looked at Lizzie's reflection on the rear mirror. Aubrey found it funny and laughed. "I heard about how it was to you when Carrie Fisher died. I'm so sorry darling." Aubrey added. "Thank you. It was sad but I'm okay now." Lizzie heard the conversation and gave a confused look to Aubrey.