Ch. 22

A/N: Hello.  When I was writing this chapter, I listened to this song "Gold by Matt Hartke" . I felt that this song fits with this chapter. So I think I can say this chapter was slightly inspired by this song. I suggest to listen to this song when you are reading toward to the ending when Lizzie is listening to it, just so you can get the feelings from this chapter  (also hers), I guess but it's up to you. Okay then, enjoy the chapter. :D

"Y/n? What are you still doing here? Mitch and Aubrey already went home?" She asked, pretending you weren't the main reason she came back. She really wants to run away right now, embarrassment stirred in her because of getting caught by you standing there. Of course she wasn't prepared and it immobilized her. "Oh I decided to practice more swings so I stayed. What are you doing here?" You lifted an eyebrow, confused why she is here.

"I-uh I was looking for my sunglasses. I couldn't find it so I thought maybe I left it here." She felt so relieved that she could find a made up excuse to answer you. You still look at her a few seconds longer with a lifted eyebrow as if you don't believe her then you start to help her look for it. "I don't think I see it here. Did you check in the center console in your car? You always put it there if you are not wearing it." She walks to the table, gets closer to you.

Instead of pretending to search for her glasses with you, she looks at you again. Amazed with how you pay attention to all little details about her in just a short amount of time you work for her. Meanwhile Robbie still doesn't know what she likes or dislikes. Or if she's looking for something, sometimes he doesn't really help her. Her mind starts to compare you and Robbie.

"Ms. Olsen?" You waved your hand in front of her to get her back from her daze. "I'm sorry y/n. I was trying to remember if I checked it there and I can't remember."

"Oh okay. I'll help you search for it in your car. Do you want to do it right now? Or do you want to sit first? I'm sorry but you looked distressed." You offer with care, your eyes search for hers to get an answer. "I-I guess I can sit down for a minute if you are okay with it?" She stands near the booth, nervously. "Yes of course. Please have a seat. I would offer you ice cream, but you already had some." You tried to joke to break the ice, hoping it can make her smile. And she did, she even laughed a bit. Oh that smile and her laughter, it feels like a drop of water on the Sahara to your eyes and tears after all of the rollercoaster ride of emotions you felt earlier.

"You know me, ice cream is my favorite but I think I will just have water now. Thank you for the ice cream earlier though." Both of you take a seat, facing each other. Your hands are on the table close enough to hers since both of you lean on to the table. You ordered a drink for her and more ice tea for you.

"So, I saw that you kept hitting the ball non-stop earlier, and you were still doing it when I got back here. Is everything okay?" She tried to smile to make it less awkward, she looked down then looked back at you again. "Oh it was nothing. I was just-- Can we not talk about this please Ms.Olsen?" You tried to avoid answering her question at all cost.

Her smile slowly faded after you refused to answer her question. "Okay, sorry, I just remember Aubrey said something that you like to hit balls here when you are upset, to calm you down. So I was just wondering." She tries to look away from your eyes. Both of you are silent right now. You can't help yourself to let out what's bothering you. "Ms. Olsen?" You tried to look at her eyes with a gentle gaze.

She looked up to you "Yes?" Her voice is so soft and low. "I just want to say sorry if I crossed the line earlier with my answer about your --- you know, relationship." You swallow the lump in the back of your throat nervously.

"It's okay y/n. I asked you. I know it was sudden but I just thought maybe I should ask from new eyes and mind. Everybody told me the same thing, just like Aubrey did." She tried to make you feel better with her answer.