32.

ʜᴀʀᴜ

"We always find our way back here in this office. All of the damn time." I grumbled under my breath. Nick and Noah were both sitting at the couch in our home office.

I stood pacing around with my hands on my hips. "But it's serious. We have to have a family reunion with our mother and father. Madelyn has the right to feel at home with them both. In the future they'll be her in-law's, they have to act like it." Noah said.

"I know. We'll speak to them. There's a lot to cover." Nick said.

"Alright, i'll message them. We can set a date for six on a Monday. It can be a dinner. We'll have Madelyn get dropped off either at her parent's house, if she's comfortable, or we'll just think of something." I said, pulling out my phone.

I typed out the message to my mother and instantly hit send. "Let's go check on our girl. She's been sleeping in for a bit now." Nick said. I nodded and followed my brother's out of the office. We made our way to our bedroom, finding the bed empty.

A small whimper came from the bathroom. Noah was quick to open the door, revealing Madelyn's small body hunched over the toilet. She was gagging and puking out whatever she had just eaten or had to drink.

I went and held her hair back. Once we were sure she was done, Noah wiped her mouth. "What happened, baby?"

"I can't keep the food in my tummy." She mumbled, tears rolling down her cheeks. Nick helped her up and led her to the sink. I flushed the toilet and got out the cleaning supplies to clean it up.

"It's okay, love." I heard Noah say. Once I was done I made my way over to the sink with them, leaning my hip against the counter. Nick wiped Madelyn's mouth and put her hair up with an elastic band.

"Anything else you're feeling?" I asked her in a gentle tone. She nodded as Nick lifted her onto the counter.

"My boobies hurt. So much." She cried, tugging on the straps of her bra. I helped unclip the bra and remove it from under her shirt. She let out a small breath but it still didn't seem to help. She rested her head against Nick's chest and sobbed quietly.

He soothingly rubbed her back. "Shh. Have you gotten your period yet?" Nick asked with such concern. Madelyn shook her head tiredly. "When was it supposed to come?"

"A few days ago." She sniffled. My brother's and I looked at each other with knowing looks.

"Noah, could you go out and get some pregnancy tests?" Nick asked. Noah nodded and exited the bathroom. Madelyn's eyebrows furrowed and she looked up at Nick.

"I-I have a baby?" She asked quietly. Nick smiled down at her.

"It's possible. You have to take some tests first, baby, then we can determine that." Nick explained to her. She nodded and looked back down, making eye contact with me. I smiled at her, earning a faint one back.

It took fifteen minutes at most for Noah to return. Nick was the one to help Madelyn urinate on the three tests. As we waited for the results we put all our care into Madelyn. We made sure she was comfortably tucked into bed with everything she needed right next to her.

"I think the tests should be done now." I said holding the plastic sticks that were turned over. I carefully put them in Nick's hold as we gathered near Madelyn on the bed. She looked nervous.

"I'm flipping them." Nick said, flipping over all three tests at the same time. My eyes widened slightly at the words in black, 'positive.'

"Holy shit." Noah got off the bed, running his fingers through his hair. Madelyn's eyebrows were furrowed as she watched each of us and our surprised reactions. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I also got out of bed.

"Look, my love." Nick said, tears also falling out of his eyes. He showed Madelyn the tests but she still seemed confused. "Positive means that you're pregnant. In your words, you have a baby."

Madelyn's mouth broke out into her cute toothy smile. She rubbed her stomach and with a small giggle. "I have a baby? When is it coming?" She asked excitedly.

"We have to go to the doctors and confirm. It should be about nine months unless you're already a month pregnant or so." I said.

"Which isn't really possible since we've been trying just a couple of weeks." Noah added. I leaned in and pecked her soft lips, then kissing her head. She let out another giggle.

"Now, baby, there's a lot you have to learn. But first things first you need to rest and be careful. We'll have a trip to the doctors to confirm your pregnancy and how many weeks." Nick said. She nodded at all the new information.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked her. She hummed softly.

"Milkshake please." She mumbled. I chuckled and nodded. I stood off the bed and made my way over to the kitchen to grab one of her milkshake bottles.

When I returned, Noah was fixing her up for more comfort. I opened up the bottle and handed it to her carefully. She immediately had a sip. Her eyes fluttered closed. "I'll turn the tv on for you." I said, grabbing the remote.

I put one of her favorite movies and laid the remote beside her. "Bub." Mads called out, her small hand resting on her chest. Noah was quick to grab a bucket from the bathroom.

Her small body leaned over the bed, puking into the bucket. I gently rubbed her back and made sure she was okay. Nick was pacing around the room running his hands through his hair.

"Alright, this isn't good. You need to have food in your system because you're already very skinny, baby." Nick said. I nodded in agreement as did Noah. I wiped Madelyn's mouth after Noah had helped her rinse.

"'M sorry.." She mumbled quietly. Tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm super hungry bubs." She cried softly. I pulled her into my arms and cradled her soothingly. I pressed small kisses to her forehead as she snuggled into me.

"I know, my love. This will soon go by and you will eat as much as you want to. I know you can at least keep water in your system so you can have that while we figure this out." I said to her.

She nodded against my chest, her eyes fluttering closed. I wiped her tears away and held her on my lap until she was able to fall asleep. I carefully tucked her into the bed and left the room with my brothers.

Nick was already on the phone with our private doctor. We needed to know what food Madelyn could keep down. I hated seeing her not well fed.

"Alright, we're meant to try some foods and see what she can keep down. The three of us should stop work for a while to take care of her." Nick announced. Noah and I both nodded at him. We made our way back to the room toward our sleepy girl.

She looked peaceful while resting which was enough to calm me down. I pressed a few light kisses to her head and brushed her hair back. "I love you." I whispered quietly to her with no care whether she was sleeping.

We were finally entering a new chapter of our lives and I was so ready for it.

~
Hi! I know, short chapter, i'm sorry. I've been busy lately with my mental health and haven't been updating but i will be finishing up this book soon, give me a few weeks or maybe months. Lots of love babes <33

D<3