25.

ʜᴀʀᴜ

"Hello, sons." Mom greeted my brother's and I as she walked into our penthouse. Madelyn was at school at this time of day.

"What is it, mom?" Nick sighed, grabbing a mug and pouring himself some coffee. My phone chimed and I quickly grabbed it off the counter. I chuckled when I noticed it was Madelyn. She had sent a cute little picture of herself sitting in class. Her plump lips were curved into a happy smile.

I quickly replied to her and put my phone back down. "Nothing, can't I come and see my sons?" Mom chuckled. She set her purse down on the table and walked around the house. My brothers and I glanced at each other.

"There's obviously something you want if you come here without warning." Noah said, sounding calm. Mom rolled her eyes and stood in front of us.

"Where's that girl of yours?" She asked. We each looked at each other with an 'oh' look. It was all making sense to why she just appeared at our home. She wanted to see Madelyn.

"She's at school right now. She should be home in about an hour." I answered quietly. Speaking of her coming home, I had to prepare her snack. She has lunch really early which means she'll get hungry by the time she gets back.

I made my way into the kitchen and began to make her an açaí bowl. It was one of her favorites. "So.. she doesn't work?" Mom asked in disbelief. Nick rolled his eyes and stood in front of her.

"She doesn't have to. She just has to focus on the studies and we'll provide everything for her." He explained. Mom shook her head in disapproval.

"That is not good. She has to work or else she'll get used to getting things handed to her! You guys are only making your lives miserable. She's probably using you." Mom argued. I heard Noah's sigh.

I turned on the blender to cancel out the argument. Once the thick smoothie was done, I put it into the coconut bowl. I grumbled under my breath when mom once again began. She never lets anything go. "Haru." She said.

I hummed and began cutting up the fruits to go with the bowl. "What in god's name are you doing?" I heard her heels clack against the floor as she walked towards me. She stopped beside me and scoffed. "Since when do you eat açaí bowls?"

"It's not for me. It's for Madelyn." She laughed as soon as the words left my mouth. I ignored her and added the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.

"This is unbelievable. You're making food for her too now? She'll never learn to live by herself. You guys are fools!" She almost yelled.

"Mom shut up! For fucks sake, you haven't even gotten to know her well. At the gathering you were so nice to her, was it just an act?" Noah asked, snapping at her. She was getting on his nerves.

Just as she was about to answer, the elevator dinged. We each walked into the elevator's view and watched Madelyn walk into the penthouse. She set her bag next to the elevator and gently took off her shoes. "Bubs!" She giggled and ran to us. Noah was the one to catch her and lift her into his arms.

He kissed her cheek and then pecked her lips. "Hey, baby." He chuckled. She smiled happily. Her eyes landed on our mother. Mads face changed into a worried and shy one.

"Um.. Hello." Madelyn waved adorably. She hid her face in Noah's neck. Mom scoffed and shook her head. She grumbled some things under breath and walked into the elevator, pressing the button to go down.