30.

ᴍᴀᴅᴇʟʏɴ

I hummed while coloring in the living room. I was no longer sick but I was very upset that the boys weren't home. The house was empty and quiet. I liked the silence but sometimes I wished I had friends.

I frowned at the thought and sighed. I went back to coloring and decided to not think so much anymore. A heard the door open and some footsteps, making me look up. The boys had each walked in. They looked around with exhausted and angered looks.

"Madelyn, pick up your mess. We always have to clean up after you." Noah said. I let out a small gasp and stood to gather all my stuffies, my coloring book, and colored pencils.

"'M s-sorry." I stuttered, quickly walking to our room. Tears filled my eyes when I noticed more of my mess in our bedroom. I was quick to clean everything up and put them in their places.

Afterwards, I got started on school work. That should busy me until later. I noticed Nick come into the room and stiffened. What if he kicks me out?

"Baby."

"'M really sorry bubs. P-Please don't take me out of the house. Please don't kick me out, I promise i'll be good." I begged him. I didn't want to live with my mom and dad. I hadn't seen them since our dinner and I sure didn't want to live with them.

"Hey, hey... Baby." He walked over to me and pulled me out of my chair, into his arms. I sobbed into his chest and felt the panic arise in me. It felt like my lungs were being squeezed to death and I couldn't focus on anything.

'Look here, baby. How many fingers am I holding up?'

"Two." Struggled breaths.

'Good girl, come here.'

I felt his hands pull my head to his chest. His heartbeat sounded through my ears.

'Follow my breathing, okay baby? Inhale and exhale.'

I did as I was told and felt myself slowly breathing again. I felt light-headed still. I let out gasped breaths while hearing Nick's sweet calming words.

"Everything's okay now. Breath." He murmured. I let out small sobs while as my breathing steadied. Nick carried me bridal style and stood with me in his arms. I buried my head on his shoulder and sniffled.

I heard footsteps following behind him which had meant Haru and Noah had seen the whole thing. That made a pain appear on my chest. Now they were even more mad at me. Everything was my fault.

Nick grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and a Tylenol. He sat me down on the counter and I instantly looked down at my lap. I didn't want to see their angry faces. "Bubs." I let out a struggled breath. "I-It's okay if I have to go. I'm really s-sorry. I can call Moll-"

"Open." Nick said, ignoring me and pulling my head up by my chin with his fingers. I frowned and opened my mouth, letting him put the pill on my tongue. He held the water bottle to my lips and I took a large sip. "You're not leaving."

"We're the ones who need to apologize. I'm sorry Mads. We were just stressed." Haru said. I ignored both his and Noah's apologies and hopped off of the counter. I didn't want to be near them as I felt scared. I hurried over to the guest room and locked myself in there for the day.