16.

ʜ ʀ

"Alright, we'll be there." Nick said, ending a call. I huffed and slumped on the bed. My brother's both stared at me with a small sigh.

"You'll be fine. I know dad does not like you or whatever but you're good. Just ignore him." Noah said. I gave him a curt nod.

Our mother had just called saying we had to attend one of our cousin's engagement parties. Our families would be there and she also wanted to meet Madelyn.

Everyone knew my father disliked me because I was born with different features, such as; blonde hair and dark brown eyes. My brother's were born with light brown hair and honey brown eyes.

"Bubs!" Madelyn's babyish voice sounded through the penthouse. She peaked her head through the door and gave us an adoring smile.

"Can we please make cookies?" She asked softly, nibbling on her small fingers. We each grinned.

"Yes, my love. But none of that." Noah said, pulling her fingers from her plump lips. She blushed and nodded timidly. We watched her shuffle out of the room with a short chuckles.

We followed after her and went to get the baking ingredients. Our baby happily helped. "I wanna help." She said in a small voice, watching Nick knead the dough.

He kissed her head and pulled her in front of him. He took her small hands in his big ones and helped her knead with him. She giggled softly as Nick stared down at her with a grin.

Noah and I prepared the oven and the tray to form the cookies. "A heart!" Maddie smiled softly, her small body pressed into Nick's front. He kissed her head.

The three of us helped her shape the cookies into a heart. We ended up making six of them. They weren't so perfectly shaped but our baby loved them and that was all that mattered.

I carefully placed the cookies in the oven to bake. Mads ran off to our bedroom and returned with her lama stuffie. She shuffled over to me cuddled into me.

She smiled softly and pecked my lips. I wrapped my arms around her and grinned. "We're going out later tonight." Noah started. Mads frowned.

"You can choose to come with us, but our family will be there. We're not sure if you want to meet them yet." I said in a soft tone. She chewed on her lower lip in thought.

"I wanna go." She whispered softly. We each grinned and gave her a small nod. The oven dinged, meaning it was time to get the cookies out.

Mads squealed happily and smiled brightly. Nick chuckled and went to get them out. "You've gotta let them cool down before decorating." He said. Maddie pouted but obeyed.

"Why don't you go do some online shopping. We'll go get your clothes laid out for later tonight." Noah said, kissing her head. She gasped softly and shook her head.

We each gave her a warning look. "Go treat yourself, my love. You've been working so hard in school and you've only ordered at least one thing on your own and that was for school." I scolded.

She frowned in defeat and walked off. We each chuckled and walked over to our bedroom. We each began looking through our baby's wardrobe.

We had bought her tons of trending and cute clothes, she happily wears them all. She also had a pretty good shoe game since we only want the best for her.

Her bags, she chooses them all on her own. She has lots of designer ones which we had also treated her with. She's such a good little girl and knows exactly how to behave.