Chapter 14 ✧

"A girl who bears an unknown element, and you were searching for Kazuha?"

"He.. he ran from this weird short looking guy- forgot his name. He had a big hat though."

"Don't know anyone with a bag hat. Anyways you were saying a girl who bears an unknown element?'

"Yes."

"Do you know her name?"

"If I heard things correctly, her name .. is Qing."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

➣ 𝐗𝐈𝐀𝐎 𝐏𝐎𝐕

━━━━━━━

I lean against the door arms crossed, looking down. I wonder who was downstairs with Hu Tao. Were they an enemy? Or were than an ally?

In a world like this, trust is not easy to come by. But unless you really feel it. I think back to when I met the traveler, Aether. He was so tender and kind.

Much like Venti. But as an Adeptus, one must not fall in love. I look up and stare at Kazuha who was peacefully laying down.

I've wondered what it was like, to be truly at peace. Did such a feeling exist? Whoever has gone through that feeling, knows the meaning of being free.

Lost in thought, I didn't notice Kazuha walking towards me.

"Scara .. mouche??" He was blinded. In his eyes I was Scaramouche.

"No Kazuha, I'm not Scaramouche. He's still in Snezhnaya."

"But, Scaramouche is right in front of me.." I saw tears building up in his eyes. The absence of Scaramouche for him is something I could relate to.

Without hesitation, I wrap my arms around Kazuha and rest my head on his shoulder. He stood between my arms staring at the door and started crying.

His sobs brought back sorrowful memories of my past. He stuffs his head into my shoulder and let's all those tears he's been keeping in, out.

I never understood the purpose of a hug. But now, I think I understand it's purpose. My whole life I've been locking myself away from the care of others.

I was the one who cared too much about them, that I don't want them to feel pain if I died. So I tried as much as I could to make them hate me or, think I don't exist.

Acknowledgment doesn't matter for me. They don't need to know who protects Liyue when the Archon is gone. The lives of all the innocent people in Liyue, is what really matters to me.

If anything were to ever happen to them, the pain will only worsen.

Kazuha pulled away and rubbed all his extra tears away.

"Sorry, I probably made you remember what happened to the other Adepti.." I didn't say anything, but instead I stood there looking down.

"Xiao I.. I'm s-"

"Shut it."

"But I-"

"I said shut it!" I wasn't thinking right. All I heard was their screams and the blood splattering. Infuriated I walked out the room and slammed the door behind me.

I heard Hu Tao talking to what sounded like Beidou. I look down to see the two of them talking. Not even bothered by the wide open doors.

My mind came back to Kazuha. What was I thinking!? He's not safe by himself, not in the state he's in. I immediately went back in the room to find two treasure hoarders holding him in each arm with a lady standing in front with a knife.

Their eyes focused on me and Kazuha still had tears in his eyes. I couldn't use Bane Of Evil here.. I grit my teeth.

"Well isn't it the last Adeptus. Wouldn't that be an excellent bonus prize?" A bonus prize.. who are they working for?

I couldn't think anymore. In an instant I took my polearm leaning against the wall and lunged toward the tall lady first. The other two big guys went after the window.

I tried to go after them but the tall grabbed the long cloth from behind me and pulled me back. She had a long grin spread across her face.

It disgusted me. I was about to pierce her but then within a blink of an eye she was gone. I look back to the window to find her there waving her fingers at me, then jumped out.

I went after them. But when I got out, I couldn't see them anywhere. I thought of going back to Hu Tao and Beidou to figure out a plan.

But that would cause delay. I kept running and running until I smelled the scent of blood. I was about to put my mask on but then a sudden rumble occurred.

The ground beneath me shook. I could hear roars and growls from where I was heading. Recognizing the sounds it definitely a lawachurl, but it sounded like there was more than one.

Worried I put my mask on and jumped. There not far from Liyue Harbor was about 2 dozens of Lawachurls walking away. The one in the front is where Kazuha and those 3 so called treasure hoarders are.

I fell back down and started running that direction dashing whenever I could killing anything in the way. Luckily there's no civilians at this time. Having casualties would be a problem.

Everything that tried to stop me failed miserably, they all fell to the ground with a thud. In my madness to get Kazuha back, I couldn't think straight. Anything that got in my way would be slaughtered with no mercy shown. 

It was the same as the Archon War, many died, only because they got in my way. The rumbling of the lawachurl's footsteps grow stronger as I begin to catch up. I could see Kazuha in the arms of the lady very faintly, it infuriated me. As soon as I was able to reach a lawachurl, I jumped onto it's back and began making my way forward. Before I jump to the next lawachurl, I make the sure the one I'm currently on is dead by piercing it through it's head. 

Killing a few of the lawachurls I make my way to the front of the formation. I was able to see Kazuha once again, but this time he was fighting. I saw him get struck down by purple lightning and then I immediately knew who they were. They are the Fatui. 

[Word Count : 1064]

sorrrry I was dead for more than two months and don't mind if anything didn't make sense cause I practically forgot it all x_x
The rest of the chapters will be slowly released day by day so yeAH 🤧🥲

*the cringe omf-*