Chapter 1 ✧

- 3rd Person POV -

Scaramouche and Tartaglia were sent to Liyue to look for the missing documents that were left behind. They went to Liyue by boat, and since there was water, Childe would often splash water on Scaramouche.

Scaramouche would simply just sit there with an irritated look on his face. Childe stopped after a while, since it started to become awkward. The entire trip to Liyue was silent other than Tartaglia's laughs from splashing Scaramouche.

They arrive at Liyue's Harbor by late evening. The documents were inside Wansheng Funeral Parlor.

Everything was going smoothly, none of the guards have caught us yet, everyone was asleep, and the crazy director too... well I hope, Childe thought.

Thinking the coast was clear, Childe just walked straight to the Wansheng Funeral Parlor doors followed by Scaramouche. Before he had grabbed the handle the doors opened. He looked up to see someone worse than meeting Hu Tao.

"Z-Zhongli Sensei!? W-what are you doing up this late?!?"

"I could ask you the same thing Childe, and who is that behind you?", Zhongli looked over at Scaramouche.

The two Fatui Harbingers just stood there in front of Zhongli utterly speechless.

"Well uhm- Come inside, I still have some left over coffee", Zhongli smiled.

As Childe stepped inside he saw Hu Tao looking at him with a deadly glare. He quickly got inside and turned around to grab Scaramouche, who obviously did not want to be touched and slapped Childe's arm.

"Someone has a death wish. You dare come back here Tartaglia!?", Hu Tao was furious.

"Relax Hu Tao, everything is fine just let them have some coffee for the night. They're guests after all," Zhongli said as he went to grab two more cups.

"I'm watching you.. ", Hu Tao only mumbled. Scaramouche was looking around the Parlor to find any rooms that could possibly have the documents.

Then he heard a sound from upstairs. He waited until everyone was busy doing something else then he sneakily went upstairs to check it out.

He got up to every door and laid his ear against it, until he finally heard someone from inside one of the rooms. He quietly opened the doorknob to peek inside. He saw a figure rummaging through all the drawers.

It was dark inside the room but, he quickly deciphered what the figure looked like, presuming it was a male, he had white hair with a low shirt ponytail coming out the back. But when Scaramouche saw his clothes, he couldn't help but make a sound.

The figure quickly turned around but only to see an open door. The figured grabbed his sword and slowy approached the door. Scaramouche was just about to grab the unknown person until he realized he had a sword at his throat. He turned to look at the person and saw a face he thought he would never see again.

- Scaramouche POV -

It....it was Kazuha. From what I could see in his face, he was also shocked.

"What are you doing here Scaramouche.. Shouldn't you be in Inazuma!?"

Kazuha has never yelled at me before. It's a strange feeling.. I hope everyone downstairs can't hear what's going on up here..

"Hey Scara! You up here?" Childe was already coming upstairs calling out for me. I need to hide Kazuha from them, no matter what it takes..

I quickly grabbed Kazuha's sword with my left hand then I took Kazuha's arm with my other, and ran to the farthest room from the stairs. Kazuha tried to let go, but I only tightened my grip making him wince. As soon as we got inside the room I immediately locked the door.

"Mind telling me who that was Scara?"
Kazuha had a scowl on his face when he said that.

"He's.. Tartaglia. The 11th Harbinger.."

- Childe's POV -

"Hey Zhongli Sensei, all of the rooms upstairs are empty. Well, at least the ones that are unlocked"

"One of the rooms are locked?" Zhongli turned to Hu Tao.

"Ughhhh Boys, always causing trouble. I'll go get the keys," Hu Tao was still eyeing me making me uneasy.

- Kazuha's POV -

I never would've thought I would meet Scaramouche again.. it pains me, but it also makes me feel relieved... I don't understand why I feel relieved.. it just.. feels nice to see him again....

"You good? You've been spacing out for the last few minutes," I look up to see Scaramouche's eyes looking in mine. I didn't say anything, rather I yawned instead.. it was already late anyway. Before I knew it I laid my head on Scaramouche's shoulder and fell fast asleep..

AN : I'M REALLY SORRY IF SOME PARTS WERE CRINGE- and sorry if I made any mistakes 😫

Word Count: 792