Chapter Two: 好奇心が猫を殺した

╔Chapter Two: Curiosity killed the cat | 好奇心が猫を殺した╗

Chapter Two: Curiosity killed the cat | 好奇心が猫を殺した

Sitting in a place where Miko thinks she belongs, she accepted that this dreamland of hers was her dimension - no one else should know this place other than herself.

A dark forest of sakura trees surrounding the small open area - she've already tried calling for help once, but hearing no response from anyone - she gave up and followed her path, trying to escape the hollow dreamland.

Her dreamland was not full of tranquillity nor was it possible to be in the first place - it was a nightmare fuel, always ending up in the same sakura forest - dark, lonely, lost and confused.

Feelings of tumult would always be on her mind, always asking herself - why am I always here?; is what she would say consistently, having no clue of how to stop the loop of her confused anger.

Guilt.

Guilt is what she would feel before and after confronting adults about her situation, many of the adults were annoyed by her complaints and others didn't give her situation attention.

We faced harder wars than you, you'll grow up to understand it; most of the lines are that, while the rest were far more harsh and sensitive to Miko.

Hearing the words from the adults didn't help her, so she thought it would be the same asking the people who are the same youth as her - she was afraid.

Afraid of the world, including herself.

Although, rather than always being afraid - she has always looked upon herself as an idol.

Serving as a shrine maiden made her feel motivated due to how much she can do by the tasks she had to perform.

She felt free and careless while doing so, her mind would travel into her future dreams - making her gratified with the plans she'd been looking forward into.

She didn't care if she'd had to contribute furthermore into the abyss - all she wanted to feel was the freedom.

..Until she went too far and got lost - that is how she always end up in her never-ending dreamland.

Was there anything she did wrong?

Or is there a better chance to understand why her future is a war field without actual violence and gore leaking?

Who knows what God offers her in this poor excused world called earth.

❦闇は私たちです❦

Snapping out from her dreamland - Miko found herself in the cafeteria with her friends, all happily discussing their plans together.

Miko didn't contribute to the conversation, and her friends understood that - however, they couldn't hold in the excitement of the future.

She tried eating her lunch while listening, but she excused herself to the bathroom after hearing them for twenty seconds.