𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 - 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮

1 year later

1 year later

"Oh come on you know you enjoy my cooking," Robin laughed turning around.

After high school they bought an apartment in New York. It wasn't much, but it was home to them. They had decorated the house in plants and Robin had put the posters she had got from her work. Robin was working at a film store while Charlie was studying at NYU for a music degree. Charlie had a part time job working at a coffee shop and sometimes preforming some of her music. She was waiting for the day some record person would walk in and sign but the likelihood of that was very slim.

"I'll let you think whatever you want," Charlie laughed biting into her doughnut that she had bought earlier that morning. "I know you scooped ice cream for a while but that does not make you the pro chef you think you are," she laughed.

"Yeah yeah whatever," Robin replied putting the slightly burnt eggs and bacon onto a plate and sitting down beside Charlie on their couch.

"Can you believe this is us?" Charlie asked slightly in disbelief.

"I know right. Who would've thought that detention would lead us to moving in together and falling in love," Robin smiled at the thought.

"I love you. Always remember that ok?" Charlie looked over at Robin holding her hand.

"I love you too," Robin smiled back.

They had told each other that for what seemed to be a thousand times but it never got old. They truly enjoyed every second they had with one another. They had their small fights every now and then but always got past it. They never knew how much time they'd get to be with each other. I mean no one knows how long they'll be with the person they love so why not spend everyday like it's the last?

While they can't get married they know they want to be with each other until the day they die. They couldn't imagine living life with anyone else.

Because they moved away they weren't super in contact with everyone but every time they came back to visit it was like nothing had changed. It was nice because they had their New York friends and their Indiana friends.

Plus they were somewhat safe from the world of monsters.

"So what are you doing today?" Robin asks.

"Umm I have a few classes then I'll be working at the coffee shop from 3pm to 9pm, you?" Charlie asks back.

"Me and Jamie are going to go shopping then work at the film store," she tells her with a small smile.

"Okk we'll Ill see you later. Love you," Charlie says getting up and grabbing her bag. She leaves their apartment and starts walking to school. She had never felt happier in her life. Everything seemed to be working out for the first time. She had a girl that she loved, is living in her dream place, and pursuing what she loves. If she would've been told this a few years ago she would never believe it. It was like a dream come true.

Everything wasn't perfect but it was damn close to it. How could life get any better from here? She's sure it could, but it definitely felt like her life was perfect. She truly couldn't ask for anything better.
-
While Robin wasn't much of a shopper but, Jamie was. They had met the first first month after Robin and Charlie moved in. She lived on the floor above them with her girlfriend. Jamie and Robin became closer and they had became best friends.

While on their shopping trip Robin didn't really get anything just like groceries and other things for their apartment. Jamie had bought clothes and a whole lotta other stuff.

They were out until about 12:30pm before Robin headed back to her apartment to get ready for work. She wore baggy jeans and a oversized sweater. Robin then walked to her job, which wasn't far from her home. The film store was small but was near apartments and a couple sandwich stores so it stayed busy. While it wasn't the place she wanted to be at for forever it was good for now.

It was around 9pm and many people had came in and out without much thought. While she was fixing some of the placements of the dvds a older looking man with white hair came in.

"Hello, I'm Robin-" she started before she looked over at the man. She basically froze. Dr. Brenner? No it couldn't be he was gone.

"Everything ok ma'am?" he asked her.

"Yeah, um sorry," she laughed awkwardly, "thought you were someone else. Anyway do you need help finding something?"

"I think I'll get this and go," he told her before walking over and paying. He then quickly left. She knew who it was but, couldn't believe it. She was in shock. How could it be him? He was dead, right?