𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨 - 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐞

"Robin, let me take you home

"Robin, let me take you home. It's dark, you can't ride a bike right now," Charlie was leaning on her car with Robin in front of her.

"I'll be fine. We hated each other a few hours ago. How could I know you're not trying to kill me?" Robin teased with a slight laugh coming off the end of her sentence.

"I'm not gonna kill you," she laughed, "just get in the car ok?" Charlie opened the door which Robin got in as the brunette took the bike from her hands setting it in the back.

"You wanna go to Denny's?" Charlie asked starting the car.

"I'd love to, but my parents are gonna expect me to be home for dinner," Robin looks over at the other girl.

"Fine. I know you're lying but I'll give it you," Charlie laughed driving away from the school getting directions to Robins house.

——✰——✰——✰——

"Thanks for the ride," Robin smiled taking her helmet from the other girl. She was standing in her door frame making the only light on them coming from the porch light.

"Mhm anytime, but you owe me a date," Charlie and Robins faces were only inches apart by now before Charlie backed away and wrote down her number with a pen she had in her back pocket.

"A date? Also how do you know I want your number?" Robin joked, but confused as the other girl walked back to the car.

"I'm only kidding unless you wanna make it that, and we'll see when you call me later tonight," She laughed turning around still walking, but backwards now.

"I'll think about it," Robin said before walking into her house.

——✰——✰——✰—— 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯

"I'm home!" i yelled setting my keys down on the kitchen counter.

"In here," I could hear my brother say coming from the living room.

"Whatcha working on?" I asked sitting down on the couch careful not to mess with the photos laid out across the floor.

"Kidnapping in Mississippi," he said not looking up as he looked over everything.

"So why are you here?" I asked confused because why would he be here if his work called him somewhere else.

"Well, I'm your legal caretaker now since mom passed last week."

"I thought Dad would be?" I leaned down grabbing a slice of pizza he had ordered.

"You think the man that wanted nothing to do with us would become your legal guardian?" he practically laughed.

"I don't know. Times changed he lives close and has a new family," I sat back on the couch starting to eat the slice.

"Well you were wrong, but don't worry I'm here now," he laughed which I joined in with.
-
"You seem off today.." Rowan brought up after a while.

"What do you mean? I'm always like this."

"You're laughing a lot more and smiling. Plus you haven't been messing with your yellow friendship bracelet that I gave you." Sometimes having a brother so smart is annoying as hell.

"Oh."

"You meet a girl?" He asked me. But I'm glad he's open minded so I guess he doesn't suck that much.

"By meet a girl do you mean get stuck in detention with a girl who you argue with all the time, without really a reason, and can never agree with only to find out you get along really well? Then yeah," I basically rambled.

"You probably argue all the time because you're intrigued by one another. A tension that neither of you understand so you just fight it as much as you can..." he stated looking down at a paper outlining words, "Got it," he said under his breath walking over to the home phone. I assume he called the team about figuring out the first clue, but I'm not sure I went up to my room leaving him alone as he got everything about us right.

I walked into my room that was covered in band posters on every wall leaving little space on them. I grabbed a pair of boxers and over sized t-shirt before heading to my bathroom. I turned on the water letting it heat up for a minute before getting in. I got into the shower letting the warm water run down.

Showers are nice you know. They let you be alone with yourself, alone with your thoughts. The water drowning out everything around you and for your concern it's the only thing happening around you. You can let out any emotions you felt during the day with no judgment except your own. It's one of my favorite places to be.

People take that time alone with your thoughts for granted. Yes, you're always with your thoughts they never leave, but we don't spend enough time alone with them. While they can be scary at times it's better to understand yourself before you try and have others do that. It'd make me feel bad because they wanna know the real me before I even know. I guess that's the reason I've never been in a relationship before, or maybe it's because it's 1986 and people will hate you for being in love. I'd apologize, but they don't apologize for marrying Paul the petty thief. So why should I have to apologize for loving someone the same gender as me?

I'm brought out of my thoughts by my brother yelling from the downstairs, "In about 30 more minutes the water will turn ice cold if you don't get your ass out of the shower!"

I rolled my eyes getting out and rapping a towel around my head then changing into the clothes I had brought in there with me. "I'm out!" I yelled back walking in the hallway to my room.

"There's someone on the line for you by the way.  I think their name was Raven? No, Phoenix? Not that either. Oh! Robin," He laughed and I just rolled my eyes as I opened the door to my room going over to the dark navy phone sitting beside my bed.

——✰——✰——✰

a/n: i have a hyper fixation on criminal minds rn so i literally put it into everything i do as of now 😃🙏