She also requested the reception area not to bother her with any unwanted visitors except her family and her personal staffs.

Cal, Joz and Deedee arrived after an hour.

"Young madam...this..." Deedee called her attention while doing some cleaning.

Natalia lifted her head and saw the maroon t-shirt at the hands of the maid.

'That shameless man...'

"Throw it away." She firmly ordered.

Gratefully, Deedee didn't ask anything or chose not to pry.

Focusing on what's more important, she's thinking about the reward she thought Trish deserves.

While reading the last batch of the documents via email, the woman arrived and joined her for lunch.

"How have you been, boss?" Natalia teased the lovely and smart lady. Trish snorted.

"When will you resume the position?" The woman asked instead.

"Why do I need to do that, when I have you?" Natalia blinked, shoving a spoonful of cordon bleu in her mouth.

"I do have a life aside from work." Trish said in a matter-of-fact tone. She didn't hide her dismay. All these years, she's been loyal and works meticulously for Natalia and oversees her assets. She's grateful but she wanted to enjoy her maiden season more.

"I know. But you're meant for this. Trish, you're a better CEO than me. Far better. I saw that you've also cared for the company. That's why.....I have decided to formally give it to you." Natalia stated casually hiding her smile. She couldn't let go of Trish, a woman who has wits, guts and a beautiful face. She needs it all.

"I....No. This is your company. You've founded it. It's rightfully yours." Trish countered as she stopped eating.

"Yes. But technically, it's yours as stated on the legal papers." Natalia grinned and continued to eat.

She got to know Trish Vene after graduating. The red-haired woman was an intern at Zimmer Company at the time while she, too, had done a handful of special projects under her father. Even though they weren't the best of friends, they clicked and somehow she was able to convince the lovely lady to work as her CEO with a very tempting salary as well as sponsoring the woman's brother to study abroad.

Under Trish, the shop now has ten branches across the states and the company already bought a building for its central operations.

"I still won't accept it but, I will continue to be the CEO of The Bell Shop. As the legal owner and CEO, I'm ordering you to be present at important meetings from now on since you're finally free. Also, you need to share the burden of decision making with me." Trish said with a firm tone looking at her intently.

'This smart woman..tsk.'

"Alright. Alright." Natalia sighed and agreed.

After a few more updates and instructions, Trish bid her goodbye.

When the woman opened the door, Jake was already standing at the other side.

The man gave a smile but not really a smile. "Vene."

"Zimmer." Trish greeted flatly and went on her way.

"Be good, brother." Natalia said amusingly as she witnessed the simple exchange and the look on her brother's eyes.

"Always." Jake simply said as he made his way to the sofa.

"What brought you here anyway?" She asked after several minutes of silence giving him a cup of coffee.

"Dad." Jake started while looking at his sister.

"I told him, I'm fine. No need to worry." She answered while drinking her tea.

"He's not in his best condition." Jake continued.

"O-kay. We will bring him to the experts and let them check him up." She proposed immediately.

Her brother shut his eyes for a while. Natalia's mood changed quickly as she guessed the next few words that Jake will spiel.

"He's....dying."

'No...'

YSABELLE M. | 2021

A/N: Surprise! Uploaded two chapters..

This is an original work. All names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this book are fictitious and or solely for entertainment purposes only. This novel does not intend to hurt, damage or upset someone or something.