Chapter 9

"So Willow, where would you like to go to brunch?" dad asks me as we get into the car.

 Today is 'daddy daughter day' as dad likes to call it. 

Whenever he comes home from a long trip he takes each of his children out on a one-on-one excursion for bonding purposes. 

I always look forward to these dates because he goes all out on making sure we have a perfect day.

 "Umm we could hit up Wescher?" I suggest. 

"Sounds good to me. They have the best scones." he smiles. 

He instructs our driver on where to go then turns his attention back to me. 

"How were things at home while your mother and I were in Paris?" he questions. 

 "Fine. Nothing major happened. Westin and I missed you and mom." I reply. 

"We missed you two." he says. 

"And how is Aunt Serena?" I question extending our conversation. 

"You know she's managing. Lily has been keeping her busy with some business endeavors." dad states honestly. 

Aunt Serena has never really had her life completely together but after that divorce I think it really took a turn for the worse. 

However, if what dad says is true I guess she's been doing better than she has been. 

"Well how have your friends been?" he questions again as we get out of the car and enter the restaurant. 

"Max is Max. Julien and Luna aren't speaking to Monet, Audrey and Aki are alright I suppose." I answer. 

"Julien and Luna not speaking to Monet? Sounds like your mother, Blair, and Serena back in the day." he chuckles out. 

"You aren't wrong there." I laugh with him. 

I love Julien, Luna, and Monet and I hope they can work their petty differences out sooner rather than later. 

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. While we were in Paris I ran into Ruth McGee. She said she is interested in having you come to Paris this summer for an internship under her." dad states nonchalantly. 

I however choke a little on my water. 

"What?!" I exclaim. 

"Yes. She told me she had looked through your portfolio you sent her and that she was highly impressed. She wants you to fill out the official application when it opens in a month." 

"Oh my god!" I whisper excitedly. 

This was huge. 

Ruth was the owner of some of the biggest art museums in Europe. 

Studying under her would be a dream come true. 

I would learn about how to run an art museum from one of the best in the business. 

Dad smiles gleefully watching me.

 "I'm excited for you sweetheart. Your work is incredible and someone other than your immediate family is finally taking notice of it." he tells me.

 We continue to eat our breakfast and talk about our lives when dad's face turns stone cold.

 I turn around to see who/what he is looking at. 

My eyes widen in shock when I see Luke approaching our table.

 "Willow, I thought your mother and I made it clear we don't want you seeing him." he glares.