24. NOT FORGOTTEN

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

-Every Breath You Take by The Police

Brock Rumlow walked swiftly through the base in Turkey. He received an alert from Ward and smiles. He jumped on his terminal, conferencing his boss. He appears on the screen, his face hidden in shadows. Behind him are a bank of televisions. "Sir, Ward reported that he had seen Amethyst at the Monaco gala. She interacted with Rinaldi but left when she was made."

Excellent. She's still active. Was she with anyone?

"We don't know. He lost her in the crowd."

That's fine. The accords will be in place within the next year. She'll be in our grasp soon enough. The man turns to look at the televisions. All of them showing videos. Of Sophia. At the tower, at the compound. A loop of the press conference playing. With Steve and Peter. With Tony. With Bucky.

"Sir, she is well protected within the Avengers. Do you think we will have a chance to get to her?"

If the prophesy is true, she might come to us to save the loves of her life. If not, the accords will control her. Either way, we have her. The man leaned back from the screen. Rumlow, we need to distract the Avengers. Time to make yourself useful.

"Yes, sir."

And Rumlow?

"Yes, sir?"

Remember that we are doing this to see the empire fall.

END OF BOOK TWO