8. SHOT *

Bang bang, give me fame

Shoot me up to entertain

I am a semi-automatic lonely boy

You're dead, I'm well fed

Give me death or give me head

Daddy's little psycho and mommy's little soldier

-Bang Bang by Green Day

A few weeks later Tony came up to Sophia in her part of the lab. "Hey sweetie how you doing?"

"Good. Just finishing the new repulses for your suit. Better lift."

"That's great. Umm, we got called for a mission. And they want Bucky to get field experience." He waits for the reaction he knows is coming.

"I guess Tony. I mean I don't know if he is ready. Steve and Sam would know best, but they can handle him." She says without looking up.

Tony sighs. "No sweetie I don't think you understand. They want both of you."

Sophia stops. She looks up at Tony and says "I thought the agreement is that one of us stays home with Peter.  Why is this necessary?"

"Look, you and Steve have worked the most with Bucky. So, it's safer if both of you are with him if something happens. The base we must take is larger than normal. You would have been needed for this mission anyways.  I'm sorry Rosie, but you don't have a choice."

Sophia takes a long deep breath. She stands up and walks to the door. "I'm not happy Anthony. If Peter loses another set of parents, I'll never forgive you."  She walks out and gets to the elevator. "Friday can you let me know where Steve is?"

"Captain Rogers and Sargent Barnes are in the gym."

"Thank you, Friday."

Bucky is sparring with Steve when Sophia walks in.  "Gentlemen," she greets them.  "How's it going?"

Steve doesn't look away from Bucky as they circle the ring.  "Oh, you know, doll, trying not to be killed by a metal arm."

Bucky laughs, "Told ya punk to make sure to duck." Steve laughs as he tries to go for Bucky's legs with a sweep.  Bucky jumps up but still get the fist in the knee he didn't notice.  "Asshole" he mutters.

"I heard that, James." Sophia says. "Have you guys checked your phones?"

"I heard it ding, doll, but ya know, a match is going on" Steve comments as he dodges another punch.

Sophia walks over to the ring bell and hits it three times.  "Enough.  Steve, we have to find someone to watch Peter for a few days."

"Why?" Steve takes a drink from his water bottle.

"James and I are on the next mission with you."

Steve spits out his water.  "Both of you?"

"Yea, it seems Tony wants James to get field experience and since you and I have worked with him the most, we need to be his partners for this op."

"Isn't the whole team going? We don't need to use you..."

"Steven, I am still an Avenger. I will still need to be in the field sometimes.  But now I have double the protection.  Think of it like that."

Bucky has been quiet during the entire exchange.  He doesn't want Sophia to go. He doesn't want to see her hurt. "Angel, if Steve thinks it's a bad idea...." He trails off when he sees her face.