11. REALITY CHECK

I bow down to pray

I try to make the worst seem better

Lord, show me the way

To cut through all his worn out leather

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away

But baby I just need one good one to stay

-Million Reason by Lady Gaga

"Well sugar lips, you've looked better. Nice try with the makeup.  Who do I have to kill?"

Sophia stared at Wade Wilson shoveling pancakes in his mouth like it was the end of the world.  "Seriously Wade do you even chew?"

"I only swallow baby you know that."

"Gross Wade."

Wade shrugged. "It's been three years Sophia.  Nothing has changed, except for you know, I'm a super hero now or whatever.  So, I gotta know what is going on, pussycat.  You called me out of the blue three years after you left DC and I see you sporting a bruise and a cast. What's up doll face?"

"Ugh, don't call me doll face." Sophia takes a sip of her coffee.  "The usually is going on Wade.  My fiancé accused me of cheating with his best friend."

Wade's fork stopped in midair.  "He hit you? That motherfucker!"

"No, oh god, no.  Sorry.  Shit, it has been three years; my sarcasm is off." Sophia took another sip.  "No, I got hurt during a training session."

"Jesus, honey I almost committed non-funded murder.  You know I don't do that." He cleared his throat.  "Anymore. So, fiancé, who's the lucky bastard?"

Sophia looked away. "Steve Rogers."

Wade started choking on his pancakes.  Sophia jumped up and clapped Wade on his back.  "You're with Captain Fuckin America? How the hell you manage to meet the all-American Goody Two-Shoes? Are his eyes really that blue?"

"There is so much you don't know, Wilson."  Sophia sighed.  "I'm Tony Stark's sister."  She waited.  Wade's face did not disappoint. She continued, "And I'm an Avenger.  Amethyst."

"Holy shit. I knew it. I can see it now. That explains the rant when Iron Downey did the thing in New York. And by the way, don't you kill people now? How do people not know that you are related to Doucheboy Stark?  In fact, how doesn't anyone not know your real identity?"

"I don't intentionally kill people. And I wear a mask. You do too."

"That is some double sided fucked up shit, sweetheart."

"Wade, I know."

"Now I'm Deadpool to you.  Mr. Pool if you will."  Wade leans back, arms crossed

"You could never be anything but Wade to me.  I know too much." Sophia smirked.

"You know, for a chick that never slept with me, you do actually know too much."

Sophia shrugged. "I still slept next to you, for a couple of months."

"Touché.  Ok so explain the cheating thing. You are too pure to be a cheater.  A brat, maybe but anyway, explain.  I'll circle back to the Avenger thing later."

Sophia explained Bucky, the last mission, the baby, the accident and the accusations.  For once Wade was quiet while she explained.

"First of all, baby? You finally gave it up?  We were together for over a year! Damn I wish I had known what trick he used." Wade shook his head.