17. STOLEN

Your mind is just a program
And I'm the virus
I'm changing the station
I'll improve your thresholds
I'll turn you into a super drone (super drone)
And you will kill on my command
And I won't be responsible
-Psycho by Muse

Two weeks. Sophia couldn't believe that she had been out of the tower for two weeks. She had purchased a computer and remoted into work, so no momentum was lost, and Tony was grateful to know that she was at least safe. Her work was allowing to also find a cure for Bucky. She wanted the trigger words out as much as he did. But it didn't stop her from going out every night and meeting with Johnny and his friends. She knew who Johnny was. The Human Torch. She wasn't blind but that didn't stop her from allowing him to make a fool of himself in front of his friends.

She made it out to the dance floor, dancing by herself to the beat. She really didn't care that she was being watched by her new friends or the blue gray eyes on the balcony. Her hips moved to Britney's "Toxic" and a slight sheen of sweat was across her brow. Her freedom from everything was showing. It didn't bother her that a pair of hands grabbed her waist. The body behind her grinded with her to the rhythm. It turned her on to have someone so close to her. She turned to look at the stranger and was hit with the familiar blue gray eyes. "James?"

"Hi Angel."

Sophia stopped moving. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"I overheard the call to Daisy. Gemma was fixing my arm. I didn't want you to be out here alone. I'm protecting you, doll. Like I promised."

"Why? You didn't want to when you lied to me."

"I lied because I love you Angel."

She recoiled back. Sophia rushed out of the back of the club into the alley. She couldn't wrap her mind around Bucky's words. Her brain was fuzzy, the feelings of betrayal and love she had in her chest. She felt his presence before he called for her. "Angel please. Talk to me."

"How could you say you love me and lie to me?" she asked.

"Angel, I've seen what the stress does to you when you are scared, your face when you were hurt by my words nearly broke me. I know that it was mostly my fault, but I just wanted you to be safe." He reaches out to her, but she pulls away.

"God James, I don't know what to think. I mean I don't know how I feel. I left for a while to get things straight," but she looked up at his face. His eyes harden as he looked past her. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Angel please don't turn around and just come to me." His voice taking a more serious tone than ever. She reached for him as she heard the gun click.

"Let her go," Bucky said as he pulled Sophia to him. Sophia spun to see the barrel of the gun pointed at her. She saw the face of the man who had attempted to kidnap her so many months ago. She recognized him from Steve's dreams. From the research she had been doing on HYDRA.

"Ah no, you have this wrong. We want both of you." Then Bucky felt the barrel of another gun at the back of his head. The man in front of them gestured for them follow him. "Miss Taylor. Mr. Barnes. If you would please." Brock Rumlow pointed at the van.

Bucky felt Sophia tremble. He whispered to her. "I love you Angel. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. Just do what he says." At the same time, he pressed the transponder that was hidden in the button of his shirt. Tony was clever but he did notice it was placed on every article of clothing he had. He just had to hope they were looking. He held Sophia's hand as they walked into the van. He helped her in. Sophia was silent, tears running down her face. She recognized the second man as well. Grant Ward.