27. theme park

—

"-look pretzels!" nini squealed as she rushed towards the cart

"no thanks," ricky grimaced as he brought his hand to his stomach "i'm still trying to keep my food down after demon's destiny."

"oh relax, it's not like you puked, all that's wrong is that you look a little pale." nini waved off "oh! maybe you need water."

"i still can't believe i let you bring me to six flags on a school day." he groaned

"i still can't believe you were going to stay at the café and read." she said flabbergasted, "i mean, of course i enjoy the occasional reading, but on an afternoon with nothing to do and with this incredible place only fifteen minutes away?!"

ricky rolled his eyes playfully "i was going to read a good book for your information-"

"sorry to say that 'of mice and men' is not my idea of a good book." she said "it's too sad!"

"it's interesting!" ricky replied "what kind of books do you like? pride and prejudice? little women?"

nini nodded brightly "yes actually, they're so wonderful! about the empowerment of women as well as a little romance."

ricky chuckled "hopeless romantic are you?"

a blush rose to her cheeks as she nodded "maybe a little..."

she turned around shyly to order a pretzel for herself and water for ricky, paying the man before ricky could even argue as she gave him his bottle

"thanks." he smiled, taking the water from her

"of course." she nodded

the two made their way towards a bench to rest for a bit and nini tried to keep her nerves on the lowest level she could.

she'd talked with benjamin yesterday, making her question how she should consider her feelings for ricky and what to do with them. she didn't want to say it because she was completely afraid of the outcome and how the scenario would play out; good or bad.

when ricky texted her right after her conversation with benjamin, she'd replied and they talked all night long, the girl felt her heart swell over that time and she enjoyed every second as the topics coming to mind never stopped for the both of them - which was also how they ended up here the next afternoon right after school.

"so, you said you wanted to travel the world, right?" ricky asked interested

nini whipped her head towards him, raising her eyebrows as she returned back to reality "pardon?"

ricky chuckled "traveling? your dream?"

"oh!" she exclaimed "right! yes, what about it?"

"well, i'm just curious, like, where'd you wanna go?"

nini took a bite of her pretzel, bringing her hand in front of her mouth "not too sure actually...i've always wanted to visit all of europe. see paris, italy, england." she listed

ricky nodded "that's cool."

"by the way, when you open your world-famous bakery, i want these made." she said, gesturing the pretzel towards his face as he inched back with a laugh

"i don't think 'world-famous' is what it'll be." he corrected her "if i even get to open one."

"don't say that," nini said with a glare "you have to dream big! and if you really want it, it'll happen."

"will it?" he hummed

nini nodded "i wanted to go to seven flags-"

"six flags." he corrected, nini nodding

"six flags," she said again, ricky shaking his head with a smile "and it happened!"

"this kind of counts as you kidnapping me." he thought out loud

nini playfully shoved him "you're having fun. admit it."

"i was until demon's destiny." he said hesitantly

nini giggled "i think i still have the photo," she squealed, taking it out of her bag and showing it to him as he shook his head

"never again." he groaned

she continued to laugh before looking around her, taking her phone out to capture a few pictures of her surroundings

"more pictures huh?"

"i want to remember everything." she explained, looking down before flipping the camera and holding it up "say cheese!"

ricky rolled his eyes playfully with a sigh as he scooted next to her and she rested her head on his shoulder, holding her pretzel up while ricky's eyes flickered down at her as his heart rate increased.

he quickly shook it off, putting on a small smile and holding up his two fingers as a peace sign as he looked at the camera and nini snapped a picture

she smiled widely as she looked back at the photo, showing it to him "look!"

he neared towards her to take a better look, a goofy grin on his face as he returned her gaze "it's nice."

"look at you warming up to pictures." she grins before putting her phone back in her bag and adjusting her mickey mouse ears "okay, come on because i saw the best ride further away that looks like you're flying!"

she stood up as ricky winced, leaning back against the bench "noooo-"

"come on, richard, stop being a baby!" she laughed, reaching for his hand and taking it as she pulled him up from the bench and they made their way through the theme park together.