26, Whispers

Desiring Mr Mafia has also been updated. Please go read it.

Gale

Time with Kyle was nothing I would have possibly imagined. He was funny, a good conversationalist and made me feel warm in a way that I had never felt before. Was this what having a friend was like? Were we even friends?

I wanted us to stay there for as long as we could, not leaving. I wanted to keep asking and answering questions even though I knew I had a lot to hide and didn't plan to tell him. He was a vampire. I knew that. It was mostly rude to ask a vampire about their family because most of the time, their family was dead. Most vampires were turned and rarely born.

And yet, maybe it was because he had answered my other questions but I wanted to know about his siblings and why he said they weren't complete.

My mouth opened to retort to him telling him I had asked too many questions when I heard a little squeaky noise outside the room we were in and my head turned sharply in alarm toward the door. He also turned to look at the direction where the sound was coming from and his expression took on a strange look that I couldn't decipher. This person in front of me looked more worn and serious. But I couldn't dwell on his own expressions because my guards were automatically up again and I rushed up from where I had been sitting.

"I can't believe we got so carried away that we forgot we are not supposed to be here. I can't get caught. We cannot get caught." I rushed, already panicking slightly. With him, for some reason I had lowered my guard and forgotten where I was. There could be someone out there. We were still slaves. I didn't know how things worked here but it was not uncommon for slaves to be killed because they did something they were not supposed to. I thought back to the small slip of cloth in my room that said I was free after this. I couldn't get killed. Not now.

"Gale...calm down. I'm sure it's nothing." Kyle tried to say. I don't know why he was not afraid. Maybe his master or mistress was lenient but I wasn't sure about Lady Karayan. There was something about her......

"I don't.... I mean.... we are not supposed to be here. We really have to go." I said, moving towards the door but he stood up so fast and his hand grabbed mine, tingling erupting where he touched me and I sucked in a deep breath. My reaction to him was unbelievable. I turned to stare into his eyes. They looked pool black in this lighting and his expression had changed into one of such seriousness that it should have been scary, except that it wasn't.

One touch from this beautiful stranger and my breath hitched in my throat, my vision got blurry and I felt like I was supposed to be here. What witchcraft was this? Even then, what should have scared me pulled me. Reluctantly, I dragged my hand gently away, my eyelids fluttering up to look at him.

His eyes were closed and in the next second they were open, looking so very intense. His lips pursed. He hesitated like he wanted to say something but then changed his mind and his shoulders slumped. I wanted to know what he wanted to say but it appeared he had changed his mind.

"Alright then. We should leave. Before we are found here." He said resigned. Why was I disappointed? I was the one who wanted us to leave.

"You said you wanted us to go somewhere tomorrow?" I asked, eager for something to say to fill the silence. A small smile rose on his lips, the side of his lips quirking up in a barely there fashion.

"Well Flower, I didn't say that in those words but yes. I will find you." He spoke mysteriously, leaving my mind wondering. This was dangerous. This was reckless. I was supposed to be laying low. Not making friends. Not meeting handsome men in dark rooms in the middle of the night. Not practically promising to meet him again heaven knows where and do heaven knows what. But heavens be damned this felt so right.