Chapter 88: Perfect Match

ابدأ من البداية

I put my arm around Kyra's shoulders and drew her closer to me. "Hmmm... how about anything involving your skin pressed to mine? What's a better way of celebrating our freedom other than being crazy close to each other and feeling the life in us, the one we fought for?"

"Sounds like a plan," she replied, her smile widening.

When we arrived home, Kyra and I walked out of the car holding hands, laughing at the silly jokes we made. She was happy and relieved. Everything had worked out in the end and we were happy. This was how it was supposed to have been from the start.

"Jayden, there's something I've been meaning to ask you desperately," Kyra said, linking our arms as we ascended the stairs to our bedroom.

"Sure. What is it?" I asked her, staring down at her.

"Please, if I'm ever stupid enough to want to leave you for a silly reason or to leave this house due to something stupid, lock me in a room or anything as long as I don't get to leave."

I chuckled. "Mrs. Montero, do you have any idea how impossible you become when you're mad?"

"Hmmm... I'm sure it's not that bad," she muttered through gritted teeth, her cheeks flushing slightly with embarrassment.

"Really?" I asked her, pinching her nose lightly.

She laughed. "Okay. I know it's bad especially when it involves you. I can't control all the words, the anger and emotions sometimes. It gets a little too hard and sometimes I get physical. I swear I'm working on it, honey."

"Relax," I told her, kissing her nose. "It's nothing I can't handle. Sometimes I'm a rascal too and I need a fiery scolding to get back to my senses."

"Not just any random rascal," she said, putting her hand on my neck. She drew my head downwards and pecked my lips. "You're my sexy rascal."

"With pleasure, wifey."

As we walked down the hallway, I noticed a framed photo I didn't remember seeing hung on the wall before. I was always observant and I was sure I hadn't seen it there before.

"This photo wasn't here before, was it?" I asked Kyra, turning to face the wall where the photo frame was hung.

It was a photo from our wedding day. I had never liked any of the photos from our wedding day because everything was forced and we looked like an unhappy couple that had been forced into marriage. Well, that was what we were back then, but seeing it in photos made it hit hard.

I did the worst job at pretending to be happy. Kyra was even better although she looked nervous. Her smile looked forced and everything simply was awkward. Neither of us looked like ourselves.

"I hung it today in the morning. I found it among our things in the basement. Why? You don't like it?"

I sighed, looking at her. "Honestly, I hate it. Just look at us. Who's that unhappy on their own wedding?"

Kyra laughed, assessing the photo. "I knew you'd say that. We do look a bit odd though."

"A bit? I look like I was in pain. I look like a frog," I grumbled making Kyra laugh.

"What?" I asked her, my lips widening into a smile as I watched her laugh hard. It was contagious.

"A frog? Why a frog of all the animals? God, I can't even compare you to any animal. You looked handsome, honey, but a little bit like you were going to cut my head off any minute."

"That's it. We're taking it down," I said, reaching forward to remove the photo frame, but Kyra blocked my view and she held my hand.

"No."