Chapter 8: Investigating the Stratford Tower

-No One's P.O.V-

NOV 8th, 2038
04:00 PM

After the Eden Club incident, we see Mihono Bourbon slowly opened her eyes as she looks around that she was now in the school cafeteria and then sees Satoshi Hakamashi on the chair, eating his food.

Bourbon approaches him and spoke up.

Bourbon: Satoshi.

Satoshi turns to her with food in his mouth until he swallowed it before speaking up.

Satoshi: Oh, hey there, Bourbon. Mind sitting down?

He asked as Mihono Bourbon sat down at the opposite side.

Satoshi: Say, how are holding up with, Officer (Y/N)?

Bourbon: My relationship with Officer (Y/N) is going smoothly. 

Satoshi: I see. 

Satoshi says taking another bite of his food before speaking up.

Satoshi: What about your case?

Bourbon: We found the two deviants at the Eden Club...we hoped to learn something from them but...they managed to escape...

Satoshi: Is that so? What else?

Bourbon: Before they escaped, the blue-haired Traci said to us that she fell in love with another Traci.

This surprised Satoshi before he spoke up. 

Satoshi: Two deviants fell in love huh? That is quite surprising. That's too bad that you failed your mission...but I'm not disappointed...

Bourbon looked at Satoshi with a surprised look in her eyes before speaking up.

Bourbon: Not disappointed? Why?

Satoshi: Well...To be honest, I've been observing deviants a lot now and I can see that they can express human emotions and feelings to another. Which I find quite strange and also amusing. 

Bourbon: That is quite odd coming from you.

Satoshi: I know, I know. During your mission, I had a talk with Amanda and said that I was supposed to be looking out for my job for the cases of deviancy. I did agree with that, but I don't find it interesting to hunt deviants down.

Bourbon's L.E.D turned yellow before she spoke up.

Bourbon: Why is that?

Satoshi: Don't know, but I have a feeling that these androids being deviants might be alive. My theory is that their software from their vision might go wrong and they defy orders from their masters, which makes them do their own free will without their master's orders.

Mihono Bourbon looked down and thought about what Satoshi had theorized.

Satoshi: You seemed to be lost, Bourbon. Is there something wrong with your investigations on those two Tracis?

Bourbon: Well...I thought I knew what I had to do...but now I realize that it's not simple...

Satoshi:  Not that simple, you say? Both you and Connor had your guns trained on those deviants at the Eden Club. Why didn't you shoot?

Bourbon: I don't know...I don't know. That goes for Connor as well since he also decided not to shoot. 

This raised Satoshi's eyebrow before speaking up.

Satoshi: Hey Bourbon.

Bourbon: Yes?

Satoshi: I have some bad news for you.