His uncle was...Crying? No, maybe he got it wrong.

'The rules...He broke them...' A whisper echoed around his mind.

Then it hit him,

"Why are you crying?!" Wei Wuxian frantically screeched out as he hurriedly tried to wipe the tears off his uncle's handsome face as gently as he could.

Hearing that, more tears started to collect in Xiao Xingchen's identical grey eyes.

"I'm proud, A-ying...So, so, so much proud of my victorious nephew..." Half of the words he actually meant were left unsaid because he didn't need to, he didn't need to describe that nobody would be able to get in A-Ying's way because He was there. Didn't need to put forth that no one will be comparable to him, in any aspect or way because even if the world didn't acknowledge his dear nephew's worthiness, He would praise and hold his nephew higher than the summit of Mount Sha* itself.

"Haha..." Wei Wuxian gave out a wet chuckle as his heart betrayed his mind seeing his beloved uncle weep in front of him.

Glistening tears began to gather around the crevices and curves of his eyes. Those diamond tears shakily hanged on his lower eyelids.

"A-Ying, no, no, no don't cry!" Xiao Xingchen cried out.

"Then you stop crying first, stupid...Stupid uncle..." Wei Wuxian admonished fondly, smiling as more fat tears fell off.

Xiao XingChen could only stare.

"Your Highness, Great Immortal Xiao, Please excuse this servant for barging-" A palace maid who came into the room carrying a tray of gourmet delicacies, dropped it seeing the two most intimidating figures in the heavenly realm embrace each other, with full-fat tears streaming down.

....Silence was heard inside the office of Sect Leader Boashan Sanren.

Her son and grandson kneeling before her with their heads bowed down while writing down the decade-long rules. She could only shake her head disapprovingly, the diamond strings of her jade and rose-shaped Buyao swayed along with her.

That was a fond memory for Wei Wuxian as his unnoticed reverie ended.

He was with his two best friends finishing their homework, well it was like he was the one doing it anyway.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Nie-Xiong.." Wei Wuxian said as he put down his ink brush.

Pausing for a moment as he watched Jiang Cheng scan the homework that he wrote for him.

When Jiang Cheng gave him an affirming nod, he turned back to the Young Master of Nie.

"Wei-Xiong, don't you want to know how the favored nephews and nieces of Wen Rouhan are like?" Nie Huaisang said as he gave him a coy smile from behind his fan.

'Ah, He sure knows where to push,' Wei Wuxian thought amusingly.

Wei Wuxian sent him a knowing grin in which Nie Huaisang returned with a dramatic bow of his head.

Jiang Cheng stared at them, exasperated.

"Whatever you calculating concubines are up to, please don't have me involved," Jiang Cheng said as he fidgeted with the ostentatious crystalline ink brushes Wei Wuxian kept.

Both of them whipped their head back to gasp at Jiang Cheng, pretending to be offended.

"Jiang-Xiong, don't worry you'll always be part of the plan," Nie Huaisang said he fanned himself gracefully.