9❤️

Lan Wangji was well aware of the rumors, of Wei Wuxian being immortal. It wasn't that hard to believe, he deducted.

Lan Wangji was a foolish, foolish man. If Wei Wuxian was immortal, Lan Wangji was a fool for falling in love with a beautiful yet timeless soul.

Lan Wangji is merely a-

Lan Wangji is merely a foolish boy in love, with only one heart to give.

And he gives it to Wei Ying gladly.

He looked at Wei Wuxian listening attentively to every word his uncle is saying, 'unaware' of the attention he's receiving, he saw through the carefully constructed mask of Wei Wuxian. Even in faking emotions, Wei Wuxian still manages to outshine him. 'How amazing Wei Ying is', He thought

"Welcome, young cultivators to gusu." Lan Qiren said, looking at them. He was trying hard to not look at the celestial sect young master, the one that he was trying to find out about.

Lan Qiren knew it was against the rules to not engage or spread rumors but if this boy in front of him was truly an immortal; a young boy on a cultivation level that could probably make him be able to wipe out almost the whole of Qin if he truly gave in the effort was terrifying.

He was glad that gusu lan was on friendly terms with celestial Sanren.

Even though Qiren is old and albeit his memory was a bit foggy, he quickly recognizes every prominent heir in the room.

They were prominent as sect heir cultivators because of how the merciless rumors of qin for the first time, were accurate.

Jiang Wanyin was as ill-tempered as they described him to be, the deep furrowing of his eyebrows, the slight pout of his lips, and the intimidating front he put on; even still the Jiang sect heir had an inquisitive face and was quite handsome which wasn't surprising regarding his genetics.

Lan Qiren then glances at the unspectacularly attractive woman with fine eyebrows; slender warm lemon eyes and thin lips painted in blood red, standing beside the sect heir. Wearing an expensive and fine cotton-wool hanfu dyed in light purple; Jiang Yanli, the famed young mistress of lotus.

He heard of the gentle and modest young mistress of Yunmeng and she certainly lived up to her reputation. Her sweet-temper clashed with her brother's bad-temper. But they lived harmoniously and loved each other very much.

Next, he looked at the Nie sect heir, the younger brother of Nie Mingjue, the sect leader of the Nie sect. He was indeed quite handsome. His looks theatrical and graceful; never subtle. He always hid behind his fans and always did so poorly in his classes.

Lan Qiren felt something off about the nie boy, the heir might be playing dumb but he wasn't sure. That was very tricky. He acted like a coward but was highly regarded in the six arts, every one of the arts requiring persistence of sharpness. It made no sense how the boy would do so poorly. Or choose to do so poorly. That, Lan Qiren didn't think.

While most other clans cultivate with the use of the Jian, the double-edged straight sword, the Qinghe Nie Clan cultivates fierce spirits with the Dao, the single-edged saber. The blade requires greater strength and a more aggressive fighting style. As a result, disciples of the Nie Clan are known for their aggression and violence in battle.

The Nie Clan uses the resentful energy of beasts and creatures to cultivate their sabers, a practice that differs from solely in that no human resentful energy is used.

That's one step away from demonic cultivation, Lan Qiren held those words back in his throat.

Unlike the disciples, the Nie sect heir surprisingly refused to wield the famous sabers of his sect.