Capter 2: Mearing

Classified NEST Headquarters - Washington D.C.

After returning from home, Optimus leads the group to the main hangar.  Then there was an announcement for the Autobots. They are to report to their bays for training, repair, or weapon inspection.

"All arriving Autobots, in par, training and debriefing in fifteen minutes," Announcer spoke, "Dino, report to Bay 23. Sideswipe, Bay 37 for weapons assessment."

Just then a women accompany by a few agents arrives in the hangar. She was Charlotte Mearing, the director of National Intelligent and she was not a good mood.

"Senator, I suggest you remember that when the NASA wants funding they call me." She switches shoes while on the phone, "When the CIA is gonna take out a target, they ask first for my permission. And when the President wants to know which members of Congress are politically vulnerable in terms of, let's say, undiscovered criminal conduct, I'm the number he dials." Lennox and Flash had arrived to greet her. "CIA is up my ass about this mystery raid in the Middle East. So, it's time to come clean. Was your unit involved?"

"Ah... I'm not sure ma'am." Lennox said nervously.

"All right, guys. This is how you do a Decepticon head kill shot." A NEST soldier said to the new recruits. A few soldiers rappel down Bumblebee who is searching for them. They land in front of him and point their weapons at him. Bumblebee withdraws his cannon.

"As Director of National Intelligence, I'm a really big fan of intelligent answers." Mearing said.

"I can't really tell you definitely." Lennox said, "These Autobots are like teenager kids. They like to sneak out of the house every once in a while."

"Colonel Lennox, are you in command or are you not?" Mearing asked, sternly.

"Yes, ma'am, I am. I-"

Mearing turns to him, "Stop with the ma'am. Enough with the ma'am. Do I look like a ma'am?"

"No, ma'am. Ye- Yes, ma'am. Yes."

They move on to find Optimus. Que the Autobot's inventor gives Ironhide a new weapon.

"This gun is my perfect invention, Ironhide." He said.

"Right." Ironhide said examining it.

Que sees Mearing, Lennox, and Flash, "Oh, good! You're here! The name's Que. I do hope you have answers for him. I never seen him so upset."

They reached to Optimus and Kara. Kara was very upset because the government has betrayed both the Autobots and the Justice League.

"I hope you have some answers for me too." Kara said, "When this meeting is over, Mearing, you and I are gonna talk."

"Optimus, you remember Charlotte Mearing?" Lennox said to the Autobot Leader, "Our Director of National Intelligence?"

"He's in a bad mood. He's-a not talking to anybody today." Dino said wagging his finger.

"Yeah, cause the Boss is pissed." Skids said.

"He's gonna kung fu on yo asses." Mudflap said.

"What is this, the silent treatment?" Mearing said.

"We seen that and this is not that." Ironhide said.

"Definitely not." Que said.

"This is worse. Prime! Make something of yourself!" Ironhide taps the roof of Optimus and he begins transforming, Ironhide then whispered to Bumblebee, "He's pissed."

Optimus begins transforming angrily. Steam emerges as he changes into his robotic form. He slams his fist onto the floor. Kara was fearless and didn't flinch. Optimus was on the edge of losing his temper.