Chapter 9 - All Because Of Me

With that Sameer disconnected the call, and instructing the driver, again started trying ways to wake Naina up. But nothing was working. And seeing his Naina in such a condition was killing him little by little.

• ───────•••─────── •

After receiving the threat, the doctor had no choice except coming to check Naina as fast as he could, because there was no even a single person in the town, who didn't know about the amount of power and dominance Sameer held.

Doctor - Mr. Maheshwari maine kuch medicines likh diye hain inhe bas time to time dete rahiega, and make sure to take good care of her. She is really weak, meals kai baar skip kardiya hai for some reason aur shayad bahut dino se stressed bhi thi, jiski wajah se itna tez bukhar aa gaya hai. Chinta karne ki zaroorat nahi hai zyaada but I can't guarantee kab tak hosh ayega. Most probably aaj raat tak aajaega but next kuch dino tak shayad wo puri tarah se hosh mein na rahe. Toh please unhe bas time par khana and medicines dete rahiega so she gets better soon.

Doctor - Aur...

The doctor was about to say something but seeing him hesitating Sameer ordered him to go on.

Doctor - Wo Maheshwari ji Na-naina ji par abhi koi attack hua tha kya?

Sameer - ( *confused* ) Kya?!

Doctor - Woh Naina ji ke upper right arm par goli ka nishan hai. Aur jitna mujhe lagta hai ghav abhi bas kuch din pehle hi hua hai. Woh theek se treat toh ho gaya hai but some side-effects hampered her health.

Sameer was shocked hearing this, that somebody had attacked her, and he was completely clueless about it. His blood started boiling and he fisted his hand to stop himself from doing anything wrong. He always had thought that she was an open book, whose emotions were easily surfaced on her face. But the reality was quite contrary to his thinking. She was definitely hiding something from him. But what? Cutting short his thinking process, he agreed to take care of her and allowed the doctor to leave.

Sameer - I'll look into that matter. Thank you doctor. And I'll also take good care of her. Ab aap ja sakte hain. My driver will drop you at your place.

Doctor - Agar kuch aur zaroorat padegi then yaad kijiyega Maheshwari ji.

Sameer just nodded at this, and right after it the doctor left the house not wanting to stay near Sameer for any longer. Even though his voice today was softer than usual, his aura was still the same, powerful enough to make anyone go weak on their knees.

Sameer sighed and going back to Naina, sat in the bed near her. He kept examining his palms, probably wandering from where to start. Though she was unconscious, her state had started a war inside him.

Sameer - Maine suna tha tum zyaada bimaar nahi padti. Aur zyaada stress n all bhi nahi leti. But dekho hamare saath aate hi tumhare saath kya hua. ( *sighs* ) Meri hi galti hai, should've asked you kaisi ho, khana wana theek se khati ho ya nahi, koi takleef toh nahi hai? Par I did nothing....
Nanaji ne kitni umeed rakhi thi mujhse, aur tumhare ghar walo ne bhi ki main khayal rakhunga tumhara. But I messed up everything.

Sameer - Naina tum yaha belong nahi karti. Par tum yeh baat samajhti bhi toh nahi ho. I am a Mafia, already mere bahut dushman hai aur ab toh woh tumhe bhi target.....

Sameer was about to say what his biggest worry about Naina was but just couldn't say it. His voice trailed off before he could complete the sentence. But he started again.

Sameer - Isliye maine tumhe khudse door rakhna chaha. Ki agar main hi door ho jaunga then maybe tum khud hi try karna band kar dogi. Ya fir rishta hi tod dogi. Shayad fir tumhe koi better milega jo tumhe samjhega aur tumhe in sab cheezo se door rakhega. But I was wrong about you, maine tumhe jo khuli kitaab samjha tha tum wo bilkul bhi nahi ho. Pata nahi kya kya chhupa rakha hai tumne apne andar. Par aaj ke baad chahe kuch bhi ho jaye I'll not let anyone target you just because you are my wife. Ab jab already attacks start hogaye hain toh zaahir si baat hai ki tum mujhse door jaogi toh aur bhi zyaada khatra ayega tum par and I'll not let this happen at any cost.

He promised himself to protect her at any cost even if it meant the loss of his own life. He had never felt this kind of attachment for anyone else except his nanu and Mundit but maybe there was something about Naina which made her completely different from anybody else and was maybe changing him a little bit too. Just her mere presence was enough to calm his nerves down but he always hated to admit that how much he felt connected to Naina, fearing that it will probably give her a new hope about them, and he certainly didn't want to give her any fake hopes.

Sameer - ( *gently holding her hand* )  Naina I swear jiski bhi wajah se tumhari yeh halat hui hai, jisne bhi tumpar attack karne ki jurrat ki hai, I'll make sure, wo zyaada din zinda na rahe. I'll make sure to give him a really painful death taaki usko dekhkar koi aur tumpar hamla karna toh door ki baat, karne ki soche bhi na. I'll make sure that he'll beg for death, and his death will set an example of how heartless I CAN BE.

He said in a determined tone and the fire blazing inside his eyes was the proof of how angry he was and how much torture the person responsible for the attack was going to be witnessing.

Thinking this, his eyes drifted towards the sleeping figure of Naina, and his hand involuntarily started stroking her long yet soft hair. Her fragrance was hitting his nostrils and was intoxicating him. Everything about her was so magical and it was like she was casting some unknown spell on him that only she could cast.

A few hours later, his eyes shot up on feeling Naina move, apparantly her presence, and the peaceful  atmosphere was so much calming that before he knew it, he had already drifted back to sleep.

Waking up, he frantically started examining if Naina was gaining back her conscious. Fortunately, she was. Sameer was over the moon on seeing her conscious again.

Sameer - Nain-Naina thank god finally tumne apni ankhe kholi. Ab kaisa lag raha hai? Doctor ne bola hai ki tumhe apna khayal rakhna chahiye. Tum bilkul bhi apna khayal nahi rakhti na?

Though Naina had regained consciousness, she wasn't fully aware of her sorroundings. She could just see Sameer towering over her and mumbling some things which were inaudible to her or maybe she just wasn't being able to comprehend what he was saying.

Naina - ( *said with half closed eyes* ) Kya bol rahe ho tum? Tumhe kisi bhoot ne possess toh nahi kar liya? Alag se lag rahe ho tum, maine suna tha bhoot kisi ko laga ho toh wo aise hi pagalo ki tarah kuch bhi bina awaz ke bolta rehta hai. Tum chinta mat karo sab theek ho jaega

Sameer - ( *confused* ) Bhoot? Wtf?! Isko bukhar chadha hai ya sharab?

Sameer - Naina - Naina suno kisiko koi bhoot nahi chadha hai tumhe bas shara...m-mera matlab hai bukhar chadha hai. Tum - Tum in sab ki chinta mat karo so jao. Ruko pehle khana khaalo fir so jao. Theek hai? Sab theek ho jaega.

Though Naina was reluctant to eat anything, Sameer was adamant to feed her and finally succeeded in his mission though he received a few punches from her in the process. While in a half-unconscious state she barely had any idea of what she was doing and thus while trying to push away the food, she unknowingly pushed and punched him. But Sameer didn't care about anything because the only thing that mattered the most to him at this point of time, was her health.

After finally feeding her, and giving her the required medicines, he was successful in tucking her in. He sighed and leaving a light feather-like kiss on her forehead, wished her goodnight.
Later after completing some work, he too tucked himself in and hoping for Naina's quick recovery drifted back to sleep as well.

• ───────•••─────── •

This much for today.

What do you think will Sameer now finally do some efforts to repair their bond? Or will his promise fade away with passing time?
Stay tuned to know what happens next.

Don't forget to mention it in the comment section if you liked this chapter or not and do suggest me if you want any changes to be done. Also don't forget to vote me.
I'll be back again with another chapter.
Bye.
Love ya'll❤️