The Fame

This song deserved better!
Breakfast was slow until Mina put her hand on my thigh. It stayed there for a while before it moved a little further up and then a little further and so on, until if she went any further everyone would've seen.

"So Ms Venable?" Gallant started, "How are you coping at the moment, it's been a while since any of us have seen you,"

"I've been quite busy with work. Which is what I need to talk to you all about. Our situation isn't improving. We're cutting to one meal a day,"

"SO WHAT!? YOU CAN STARVE US TO DEATH?!" Coco yelled, "NOT THAT IM SURE YOU CARE, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE Y/N YOUR FUCK BUDDY, I DOUBT YOU GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS TO TE REST OF US!"

"THAT'S ENOUGH," Mina shouted, immediately silencing Coco, "SAY ANOTHER WORD MS VANDERBILT AND YOU CAN BE SURE YOU WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THIS OUTPOST WITHIN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES! AND Y/N IS NOT MY FUCK BUDDY, I HAVE GENUINE FEELINGS FOR HER AND AS FAR AS I KNOW, SHE FEELS THE SAME!"

Everyone was staring at her and then me and then her again and then me.

Gallant started to clap slowly, smiling at me as he did. One by one, everyone in the room joined in applauding. I was really confused, as was Mina and Coco.

"What's everyone clapping for?" I asked Mina, who just shrugged.

"We're clapping for you two," Gallant grinned, "we've been waiting for you to be together since we all arrived in this hell hole,".

I smiled at Mina and she smiled back and slowly, I kissed her. It wasn't sloppy or anything, it was a quick kiss but it meant so much, and I could see that from the way she looked at me as I pulled away.

"So what are you calling the kids?" Gallant asked, making everyone laugh, everyone but Coco and my favourite Sasquatch next to me.

"In case you forgot, this is against the rules," Coco said.

"Oh shut it Coco!" Gallant hissed, making Mina smile at him.

"OH MY GOD!" Gallant yelled, "MS VENABLE SMILED!"

"Yeah, guys, believe it or not, Ms Venable has feelings," I giggled at him.

Her fingers laced with mine and we pulled each other in for a hug, making everyone go "awww" and start clapping and whistling again, which made the pair of us laugh.

I was so happy. They accepted it and we didn't have to hide anymore. I squeezed my girlfriend's hand (I KNOW, MY GIRLFRIEND) and kissed her again. After that, breakfast was just a whirlwind of people asking the pair of us questions about how long we'd been together and stuff. They were interested in how we hid it for so long, but we refused to spill any secrets. We figured we shouldn't tell them that Mina had bent the rules for me once or twice and we should probably keep some things secret.