Diamond Heart

It had been a month since Ms Venable had shut me out. After a week of begging her to open the door, I realised it was hopeless, so now I just sit here and cry in front of her room.

A grey comes and goes every now and then, taking her food, but whenever I ask them if she's OK, they tell me I'm not allowed to know.

Every now and then, I hear her move in her room and I wait for her to open the door, but it never happens.

I had been sat there crying silently for two hours alone, when Gallant sat down next to me.

"You miss her don't you?" He asked.

"Yep,"

"Coco told me what happened,"

"What did she say?"

"She said that you kissed her and Ms Venable saw,"

"That's bullshit! She forced herself onto me and wouldn't let me go and then she made me touch her! Then Ms Venable saw and she thought something else was happening and now I'm alone again!" I cried, raising my voice at his story.

"I know. Do you love her?"

"Who? Coco? No."

"No, not Coco. Ms Venable. Do you love her?" He asked.

"Yes," I sobbed. He pulled me close and I rested my head on his shoulder. Our backs were facing the door, so I didn't realise when a familiar woman opened it, "I really fucked up everything. I love her so much Gallant and Coco ruined it and now I blame myself and I've been sat here every day now for a month, waiting to tell her I'm sorry,".

"I forgive you," a soft voice said from behind me.

I turned around and looked up to meet her gorgeous brown eyes that I had missed so much.

"Ms Venable?" I whispered, not believing she was there.

"I'll leave the pair of you to it," Gallant smiled at me and walked away.

Ms Venable pulled me into her room and slammed me into her door. She instantly connected our lips and her hands rested on my sides. I cupped her cheeks as she pulled away, both of us had tears in our eyes.

"I'm so sorr-," I began but she cut me off.

"It's OK, I heard you talking to Mr Gallant. I missed you," she whispered softly, and then we were both crying again.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and told her she was safe, after that, her cane hit the floor with a clatter and both of her arms were around me. Never had I experienced so much love in my life, and I thought about how much I wanted to stay like this forever.

I picked her up and her legs wrapped around my waist as I connected our lips again and our wet, tear stained faces smushed together.

"I love you too, by the way," she whispered, rested her forehead on mine.

"You do?"

"Yes," she smiled, kissing me again but much softer, "which reminds me, call me Wilhelmina. I think we're a little past Ms Venable now, don't you?" She giggled.

"Wilhelmina," I whispered.

"Yes?"

"Nothing," I giggled, "oh and I slapped Coco again," I added.

"She deserves it," Wilhelmina agreed, "stay with me tonight?"

"My pleasure," I smiled up at her, before kissing her once more and finally putting her down.

I looked down over her body beneath me and smiled at her. Jesus Christ, she's perfect. No words needed to be spoken for her to know what I was thinking.

I left to my room and got changed, grabbing my MP3 player, before walking back into Wilhelmina's room.

Her smile could've lit the whole world when she saw me. She was in her short nightgown again but her hair was still up. I walked behind her, kissed her back, and slowly slid pins out from her hair, letting it fall past her perfect shoulders.

I hugged her from behind and we laid down together. I was the big spoon and she was the little spoon. Her fingers drew lazy patterns up and down my arms and slowly, we fell asleep, trying to never forget that feeling.