Chapter 12 - The Unwanted

Mia pov

Rocking back and forth on my heels I look out the huge window before Mr. Forthwards office. Looking right at Mrs. I found her crossed legged on her phone.

Though i didn't really understand why i'm here, I'm somewhat happy she brought me. I grip at my skirt, smoothing it down before going to sit down next to her. I accidently bump into her when I inhale a sweet floral smell wondering what it could be.

"Sorry", She smiled down at me and i didn't know all i had to do was bump into her to get that reaction. She's been quiet ever since we'd left the car even during the tour, and it had actually just turned into that man telling me too much of his personal information.

Just as I wanted to ask her any question that came to mind just to hear her talk. But her attention is swayed by a flood of people leaving the man's office. Then I guess Forthward follows out as I stand after she does,"Sorry to keep you waiting, they were actually getting your statements ready."

"Well if that was all that this was about i could've just sent someone for it"

He takes a step further, putting his hand on her shoulder,"we have something else i would like to talk about retaining to your husband."

Forthward then looks to me questioning my stature but I only stare at Mrs. Write until she glances back,"She can come in so stop giving her the death glare"

"Are you sure I can stay out here? It's really none of my business"

"Yes it's fine"

By the irritated lift of her eyebrow, I didn't question it any further, following behind her into his office. While she sat in front of his desk I was going to sit on the couch further away by a window until she grabbed my wrist stopping me. While she didn't exactly say why or need to convince me I just shrugged sitting in the chair next to hers.

"Alright what has he done now" focusing back on the man sitting down in front of us clearing his throat before he talks

"I'm stopping cutting ties with Levi. As I make up a big percentage of his company's income, I wanted to make sure it wouldn't affect you."

"You know full well we don't share our finances and the only thing he has tied into my own company is the other owner. But I want to ask why you are doing so."

"Why didn't you tell me he was a shameful man"

"Hmm?"

"We had a business meeting about two days ago and he openly flirts with several women in passing. And when I questioned him on it he told me and my forty five years of a happy marriage had no business being intertwined with his. While we don't come face to face often he didn't show any remorse in his drinking either. I don't want someone as irresponsible as him wasting my money, i instead thought i should invest in you which was my original thinking but Levi was determined you weren't interested."

"I... never said that." There was a twitch in her eye that I nor he didn't miss. There was surely a rage that was overcoming her regaining a smile that could only cover it for a short time

"There is some paperwork we need to go over soon but I was going to visit you at that time. This was only to hear your answer as well as to tell you the news."

"It would be nice gaining an investor as great as you. We've already been in business for so long there won't really be a change to it. I'm sorry though I have to go soon, there's another meeting I have right after this one."

He nodded, getting up and leading us out,"I will talk to you soon Alina, matter of fact Grace and I would love to have you over again."

"Soon Forthward I just need to take care of some business"

I said goodbye to him following after her, hardly being able to catch up until we were at the elevator. As we got on I could see her smile fade, gripping tightly at the coat she'd hadn't taken off. It would surely take us a while to get to the ground floor and I think with the glare she sent to the people who wanted to get on would make us be alone.

I didn't know her enough to do more than reaching out to unclench her hand folding mine into hers. She then looked down at me , seeing that she was taller than me, even more so in heels. She sighs letting her features soften and I squeeze her hand again.

This reminded me of my mom when she was going through it with dad. But it was so much different seeing her in any other condition than the strong woman I witnessed before. It made my heart swole honestly, the only feeling you'd get if you were guilty about something.

She softly apologizes and I let go thinking that's what she wants. I was never good at signs but the look she gave me after confused me. It was full of emotion and I had a feeling that it wouldn't be the last time she'd do it.