Chapter 11: A New Guardian?

"Do you want me to restore your pokemon to full health?" Nurse Joy asks, smiling at me. I nod and hand over two of my pokeballs. She whisks them away to the back room to check them out and I head to my room. I carefully shut my door and toss my backpack on my bed. After sitting down I burst out laughing, unable to keep it in any longer.

"Did you..see his..face?" I gasp out. Chatot falls to the floor next to me laughing hysterically. He struggles to stand, but falls back down when another surge of laughter overcomes him.

"YES! It was the best thing ever!" Chatot stands up and makes a face that is part way between a frown and astonishment. It's so hilarious that I fall backwards onto the bed, clutching my stomach.

"Stop! Please stop! I can't take it any more!" I exclaim while wiping tears from my eyes, but Chatot has other ideas. He lands on my chest and plucks out a lose feather. A mischievous glint appears in his eyes.

"Oh no. Anything but that." I plead, but it's no use. The feather brushes across my face and I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing. He smirks and turns to my feet. In once swift motion both my shoe and sock are on the floor and he's tickling the bottom of my foot. I can't take it any more.

"AAAH! NO! Stop! I can't breathe!" I squeal, trying me best to throw him off me leg. Fortunately he drops the feather and hops to my side. I quickly sit up and grab his tail, holding him up in front of my face. He glares at me, but I refuse give in. I swing him from side to side and I watch him grow irritated at the movement.

"Fine! I'm sorry! Can you just please put me down?" He squawks. I place him on the bed and he ruffles his feathers in anger. I know how to push his buttons. Then again, he also knows how to push mine. I chuckle and stand up, pulling my hood back over my head. Grabbing my bag I walk to the door and open it.

"Come on. Let's go grab our friends and do some training." I say, walking out of the room. Chatot scowls at me and flies to my shoulder. I pull the door shut and stroll down the hall.

"There you are!" a voice calls out. Turning I see Nurse Joy walking over. She hands me my pokeballs and smiles.

"You have a message from the Devon Co. here in Rustboro." She says. I tilt my head in confusion. What do they want? "They want you to go to their building. Apparently someone wants to speak with you." She explains. Another trainer walks through the door, so she turns back to her desk to help him out. I look at Chatot who is just as confused as I am.

"What do you think they want?" I ask. He shrugs, not knowing what the situation is about. I sigh and head out the doors. The sign at the end of the road shows me where the building is located. I smile and walk down the road. While walking I spot Paul coming from the opposite direction with his hands in his pockets. I smirk, remembering our battle an hour ago. He looks up from the ground and sees me on the other side of the road. He gives me a death-glare and I return with a wave. I recieve a scowl from him, so I shrug and focus my attention back on the road. The corporate building stands before me and I push through the glass doors. I enter an extensive waiting area and walk up to the desk.

"Hi. My name is Hikari and I got a message saying that I was wanted here." I say to the woman typing on the computer. Her typing stops momentarily and she looks up at me. I smile and she smiles back.

"Yes, we have been expecting you. To your right is an elevator. Take that to the 30th floor. There you will meet our boss Mr. Stone. He was the one who sent the message." She says, pointing to a silver elevator to my right. I nod and press the button next to the door. The doors slide open and I enter the elevator. I push another button with the number 30 on it and the doors shut. I lean against the railing and wait patiently for the elevator to reach the correct floor. A tapping sound echoes next to my ear and I turn my head to see Chatot tapping the mirrored walls of the elevator. I laugh at his curiosity. What is it with birds and mirrors? I guess I'll never know. The elevator comes to a stop and the doors open up. I'm greeted by an office with white walls and a huge window on the left. In the middle is a desk and two chairs. Behind the desk is a whole row of glass cases featuring various stones and other items. Sitting at the desk is a man in his 60s with gray hair. He grins at me and gestures to a seat next to him.