He snaps his head towards the veranda and sees her. The woman in his dreams. His sun at the same time his moon. She is bundled with layers of padded jacket and a blanket. Her back is facing him. She is hunched over the railings. She seems at piece with her solitude along with his little bonsai trees.

"Can't sleep?" He asks the moment he steps at her side.

She tilts her head up towards him, not a bit surprised of seeing him. "You too." It seems that she had noticed him grumbling at the kitchen before he joined her. Who wouldn't, with how he almost broke another mug just for a coffee. He was loud.

Instead of replying, he smiles.

Namjoon tenderly looks at Daun. Now, he can openly look at her without being creepy. His heart sings with glory. The silence between them had made his heartbeat sounds louder than the drums in any Korean festivals. Having her beside him was a dream that he thought would never come true. He can't help but smile as he dreamily looks at her features.

Albeit from sleep, she looks fresh and her cheeks blooming. There is a certain glow on her fair but pinkish skin. She is far from the sickly pale Daun in the hospital. He is so pleased to see her a bit healthier.

Their eyes meet. He can't look away from her bright glimmering eyes. They are much prettier than the stars in the sky.

Her brows cross in wonderment. It seems that she wants him to confide on her his reasons of waking up at the dead of the night. He squints, challenging her to do the same. She looks away first, cheeks reddening.

"I-I woke up with an aching head." She confesses. "I'm okay now though. I already took the medicine." She continues before he could react.

"You should rest then." He kindly says.

"But I can't get back to sleep." She whispers. "My mind is so full." Her fingers fidgets with the mug of chocolate that she is holding.

Namjoon nods. It seems that there is more to it. It couldn't have been the withdrawal symptoms as she had taken the medicine already. She should have felt the drowsiness and must be asleep already. He wonders what it could be...

It must have been their current sleeping arrangements. She might feel it weird after all the years of sleeping alone.

"Do you find it uncomfortable?" He wants to clarify. He can't have her miss her precious sleep.

"Uncomfortable?"

"With one of us sleeping with you."

"Ahhh..." Shaking her head she replies with a sincere no. "It's a bit awkward at first, but I find it warm. I like it." The last statement came out a whisper. She blushes. "Maybe it's just because of too much sleep from the last past days?"

"Maybe..." An idea came to him. "Aren't you tired?"

"No..."

"You want a ride?" He suggests. "It helps to ease the mind you know."

"That would be wonderful... b-but you can't drive Joonie. We both can't." Her eyes big with worry and wonder.

He grins. "I have a bike." There is an odd smug confidence in his voice. "Come on, maybe we can still catch the sunrise."

She smiles and nods.

**********

The lamps silently glinting, amused with the two souls enjoying each other's company. The wind is gently pushing the two as they pass through the sleeping neighborhood. Nothing can be heard but their voices and some occasional barking of dogs. He laughs with the freedom that consumes him. She laughs with the new experience. Namjooning with the one he loves has another thrill to it. He feels like floating instead of biking. He can feel the wheels lifting off the ground as they ride into the night. It is cold but warm with Daun at his back, embracing him. He likes this... he loves this.