29. GIRLFRIEND

====================

Theory: Relationship between non-Fated may elevate soul aches.

====================

"Eoseo wa bangtaneun cheoeumiji? - Welcome, first time with BTS?" The video starts with a blond Namjoon with his chopped bangs. Its color vibrant on the dark background of the stage.

No. It's not her first time. In fact the very same song has been played thrice already. First was the official MV and the second was a live stage, same with the current one playing on her computer. She can't help herself to bop her head with the beat of the song. Its making her want to dance. She smiles as she follows Jungkook's movements as the moment he sings. Jimin follows after.

The song is so much different from her usual classical taste, but the arrangement makes her mood lifts up to the highest. It's energetic and not to mention, the lyrics are so uplifting. She really likes it.

Nope. This is not the only song she's seen from them. She's been binge watching too many videos of them now. She forgot to count, so she doesn't know how many it has been. A while before this, she was stock with Boy With Love, later than that was Dynamite, and now this.

It amazes her how they were so young with the current video she's watching. She recalls Hannah mentioning how they have been in the industry for how many years now and telling her how awesome their journey was, even before their stardom.

She clicks another video, curious with the shirtless man among black clothed people on the thumbnail. Her mind automatically focuses as it began with the usual intro and then with a complete silence with a statement about a death of a dancer. It follows with barefoot men and women walking in building that looks old and abandoned. Their every step echo on the empty space. A violin suddenly came hooking her more to the video. Her eyes are mesmerized with the dancer's movements.

"My God!" She gasps as soon as it ends. She is unaware that she's been holding her breath the entire time. Unknowingly, her tears flows down her cheeks. She wipes the wetness and holds her chest. It's beating so much and as if she just saw the greatest masterpiece of all time. She claps.

She stands and looks around her Color Room, a part of her world. It's so much different from the simple one that she had on her apartment before she moved. The teenage her would never believe that she could have such space. A space where she is free to express herself.

Black swan really resonates to her soul. The emotion of the song had gripped and squeezed her heart. The fear of losing such passion has been with her. After all, what could she be without her art. She would be nothing. She would be like a lifeless puppet. Always expected to be perfect.

Voice silenced. Just like before. If she hadn't built up her courage... If she didn't...

She erases the unlikely thoughts that are brooding in. She looks at her monitor and sees another recommended BTS song. It's thumbnail is the seven of them sitting on a chair on their suits. It is much newer, a cover.

"Fix you." She mumbles the title. How lucky they are that they are seven. She wonders what would it feel like to be with people who constantly lifts you up and encourage you to be more productive and creative, to express oneself freely, to have no worries and fear for something, knowing that someone is there to offer a hand if they don't think they could not make it - that someone is surely there to help fix everything. She feels a bit jealous that they are seven in their journey.

Her eyes stare at the sky outside the open window. The sun is setting. She just spent her afternoon watching them. She has greater respect to them now than ever. She doesn't know if everything is just a coincidence that these seven men came to her life. Thinking back to the video about their journey and bond, she could not help but feel insecure.

'Will it be okay to be their friends? Won't I be an outsider to their brotherhood?' She remembers the things that Namjoon had said to her in the Bunjei Museum, about his love with music and above all, his love to art and him being her fan.

She sweetly smiles.

She had conversed with him, and true to one of the videos she watched, they are all humble and kind. They are like ordinary people with extraordinary field of work. They are like her, bound with their art, their music.

'I don't think, they would want me in their concert if they don't want me as their friend.' She muses.

She stands and decides to prepare for a concert tonight. She gets a black ticket she almost forgot Hannah had given her on her birthday.

**********

He is sweating. He could not believe that she is also here. If only he knew he would not come. Especially not when she is seated next to him. What an unfortunate thing this is. If he shouldn't have insisted to be in this event now, he would not have met her again. If he just listened and take a rest after all those practice, he should not be in this situation.

"Oppa?" The voice is so high and breathy. She is whispering loudly on his right ear but the usual tingling of want that used to arouse him is gone. He feels nothing but disgust over the woman. She's beautiful. No one can deny it, but she is not par with the one he treasures in his mind and heart.

He smiles to the woman, not wanting to be rude. He curses himself the moment he feels the woman hugs his bicep. She is intentionally squeezing herself to him. She seems not to care how uncomfortable it is to hold on him who is purposely leaning more to his left. If he could, he would be willing to sit on the lap of his manager next to him just to distance himself from the woman.

All the regrets comes crushing to him. All the time he was fooling around and the stupid things he had done haunts him. He could not concentrate on the concert at all. All he could hear is the annoying whispers of delight and comment of his unwanted seatmate who was one of his conquest.

He wants to vomit.

How an idiot he was for considering her as his conquest. Same with all those women he was with. He never even put an effort. He simply showed his usual boxy smile and winked at them and then they became so willing.

Remembering those times gives him chills creeping to his spine. He is just hoping that the concert would be finished already and no paparazzi is following him.

"Are you okay , Oppa?" She inquires. There is a pop of p as she articulates the endearment. Her voice still flirty as ever.

He stands and excuses himself. He can feel her following him. Wanting to escape, he walks hurriedly towards the main door when he notices someone by the registration table busily typing something on her phone. Her brows cross and lips pouting. She is so adorable.

He can't believe how lucky he is!

He then fixes his posture and confidently strides toward the woman.

"Love. You are finally here." He gladly says with the endearment so naturally coming out from his lips. He amusingly watches the woman jumps with his low voice and the warm hands suddenly holding her arms. She snaps her head up in surprise. Her eyes wide and her mouth in awe.

"Who?" Their is a hint of confusion on her voice, but her horror immediately morphs into a pleasant surprise. She sweetly smiles as she recognizes him. "Tae?"

"Oppa?" A surprised gasp makes the two turn towards the blond girl. "Who is she?" Her pitch higher than ever.

"My girlfriend." He confidently says as he takes a strand of her hair and put it behind her ears. The woman on his arms looks at him scandalized.

"Let's go sweetheart." He says after he mouthed 'Help me.' to her. He enclosed her hands in his and leads her inside. His smile so bright he can practically illuminate the entire darkened Seoul Art Center.