Chapter 17: Kazuma's Trial

Começar do início

Kazuma: That's because I was under that succubus's control! You're the one who went along with it and washed my back! Just how easy are you?!

Darkness: Th-Then you do remember, after all!

Kazuma: Maybe I do.

Jack: Wait what?

Darkness: It's nothing to worry about Jack! Kazuma, as a Crusader who servers Eris, my body must remain pure! And you call me easy...I'll kill you dead!

Kazuma: Do it, then!

Just then, Dust spoke up.

Dust: That's right! Kazuma might be an adventurer, but he's no criminal!

Adventurer 1: This is an abuse of state power!

Adventurer 2: Adventurers deserve freedom!

The crowd of adventurers: Freedom! Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!

Then the crowd of adventurers began to say 'Freedom' all over repeatedly.

Sena: Incidentally, they're not the only ones the subversion charge may apply to. I won't stop anyone who wants to join them in prison, but-

Kazuma: Screw you guys! Try harder! Keep the protest going!

Aqua: If I remember right, Kazuma said something like this at the time "It's okay. I'll take responsibility. I may not look like it, but I apparently have good luck!"

Kazuma: Wait, hang on...

Megumin: If...If I had been there at the time I'm sure I could've stopped him! But since I wasn't there, there's nothing I could have done! Nope, nothing at all!

Kazuma: You people.

(Y/N): Uh...

Darkness: Wait. Th-That's right. I was the one who did it! It was my command! So please, let me enjoy this imprisonment play...No, let me bear the intensity of this punishment!

Sena: Excuse me? I was told you were trying to act as a meat shield.

Darkness: Meat-

Darkness was now turned on. You, Rin, and Jack sweatdropped at this. 

Kazuma: Wow, haven't seen that in a while.

Wiz: Uh, the Teleport spell was cast by-

Aqua quickly covered Wiz's mouth.

Aqua: Don't, Wiz! We'll just wait until Kazuma finishes doing their time!

Kazuma: Don't make it sound like I have to get sent to prison! And besides, even if you don't back us up, my friends at the Guild are by my side!

Kazuma was looking at the crowd in disbelief. Nobody was looking at him, they weren't interested in helping him. He looked at Luna with hope in his eyes.

Luna: Er, um...Oh, look at the dust.

He then turns to you, as if you, Rin, and Jack were his last hope.

(Y/N): Sorry, man. There's nothing we can do. 

Rin: Yeah, sorry.

You and Rin said with apologetic eyes. 

Sena: You're coming with me!

And just like that, Kazuma runs away out of the Guild as the two guards apprehended Kazuma and took him to jail. 

-Flashback End and Two days later-

Winter is coming and today was now the court of Kazuma's crimes. The Judge began to slam his small wooden mallet.