Chapter 26: Axis Church

-No one's P.O.V-

Kazuma: Hey! I want to speak to the manager of this place, dammit!!

Kazuma yelled out in anger until a priestess showed up. 

Priestess: Oh my, what is the matter? Are you here for conversion? Baptism? Or...are you here for me?

You weren't in the mood as you spoke to her in an angry and harsh way.

(Y/N): Yeah, do me a favor and go shove your offer back to your mouth.

The Female Priest shuts her mouth after hearing those words.

Rin: Calm down now, (Y/N). Anyways, did a magician and an archpriest come here, by any chance?

Priestess: Oh, those two...

You turned your heads to see Megumin crouched down into a corner with a traumatized face, you were shocked on seeing her like that.

Priestess: By the way, your friend is being stoned by children.

Yuuki quickly ran out to scare the children away from stoning Darkness.

Yuuki: Darkness, are you alright?

Darkness: Yuuki, even the women, and children are skilled in many ways.

Yuuki: Hide that charm! Was it on purpose?

Darkness: No.

Jack: That's a blatant lie. 

-Time Skip-

Eventually, all of you went back to the Inn after things went bananas.

Kazuma: We're home!

Wiz: Welcome back!

(Y/N): You doing alright now, Wiz?

Wiz: I went to the baths and completely recovered.

Darkness: That's good to hear.

Wiz: No one was in the mixed bath, so I had it all to myself. How was the tour of the town?

Megumin: The Axis cult...scares me.

Yuuki: They give me the nerves.

(Y/N): I rate the tour about 1 star.

Darkness: I think I'll go turning again tomorrow.

Rin: Please don't. 

(Y/N): Anyways, I'm heading to the baths to relax.

You said as you went to the hot springs.

You were now in the bath with Kazuma as you can feel your mind is relaxed and peaceful.

(Y/N): Ahh~ Ain't this relaxing, ain't it Kazuma? 

Kazuma: Yup. Sure do.

Kazuma: Hey, do you hear that?

(Y/N): What?

Kazuma: Shush! Listen.

You waited for something to hear, but you and Kazuma hear the girls on the other side.

Megumin: Hey girls, what do you think of (Y/N)?

Jack: Mommy is actually nice to me and treated me well.

Rin: That's nice to hear. (Y/N) and I fought with each other when we were young, but now we get along with each other for quite some time now.

Darkness: That's nice to her. For me, he's really funny, interesting, and he can be complicating. Although, back on the tour, he was really kind of scary.

Megumin: Scary? How so?

Darkness: He spoke in a cold and harsh tone of his voice and literally made my mouth shut up. Even though, I don't feel aroused by that response.

Yuuki: That's because (Y/N) can be very calm when you first meet him, but he gets aggressive when he's annoyed or irritated at someone or something.

Yuuki explains shortly.

Rin: That's correct and I've known my little brother for a long time now when he acts like that.

Darkness: Oh, I see.

Megumin: Does (Y/N) have some issues?

Rin: Huh? No, why are you asking me that?

Megumin: Oh, nothing really. Just curious.

Rin raises her eyebrow in suspicion before dismissing it off until Jack spoke up. 

Jack: What about Kazuma? What do you guys think of him? We only think of Kazuma as a bit of a weirdo but he's a good person deep down.

Rin: I kinda agree with Jack here too. 

Megumin: For me, he can be a scum sometimes, but I appreciate him and (Y/N)'s not like him. I'd say if I had to choose between Kazuma and (Y/N), I would've either chose Kazuma, (Y/N), or even both.

Darkness: Is that so? Well, I guess I would choose Kazuma for being a brute. For (Y/N) though, I kind of see him as a little brother and can be nice when I'm being a masochist and all...

Kazuma: A brute?

(Y/N): Little brother?

There was silence as Kazuma was just pressing his ear against the walls to hear more, while you sat at the edge of the bath.

Megumin: (Y/N)! Kazuma! You're there aren't you? You're pressing your ear against the wall to hear what we're saying and Kazuma is imaging Darkness washing yourself aren't you?

Darkness: Megumin! What are you saying?!

Megumin: Kazuma, you're there aren't you? We know who you are.

Yuuki: Wait, is Kazuma like this?

Megumin: Yep, he can be a brute and pervert at the same time. It's best you avoid him sometimes.

Yuuki: (Y/N)! Are you there too?

You had no choice as you spoke up.

(Y/N): Yeah! It was nice of you girls to speak some nice things about me! I appreciate it! Oh and Kazuma was pressing his ear in the wall as well!

Kazuma: (Y/N)!

(Y/N): I had no choice!

Megumin: We were right! He really was in the mixed baths!

Darkness: Of course! Kazuma is always gazing at me lustfully.

Kazuma: Ergh! Create Water!

He then shoots water over the wall as the girls were screaming because it was cold. They started throwing stuff over as you dodged every single bucket and other things. I saw Chomosuke being thrown as you jumped and catch him.

(Y/N): Hey, where'd you come from?

Chomosuke: Meow!

(Y/N): I guess Megumin must've washed you huh?

Chomosuke nods as you sighed. You and Kazuma eventually got out of the hot springs and went to get changed.

...

(A/N: This is short, but stay tuned for more~!)