THE TWIST

Door opened and Aunt stood there,smiling ear to ear. Before,I could accept or enquire about what Abhi told,she dragged me in,where Abhi's parents were also present and everyone was staring me at me and Abhi.

I: Hello everyone. What's happen...

Before I could complete,Aunt cut me off.

AUNT: Go and get ready, we all will celebrate New Year together.

I: But,I want to tell something important.

AUNT: Nothing is more important than Today.

I: But..

AUNT: GO RIGHT NOW

She whispered it in my ear,angrily and I had no option than to go.

I looked back at Abhi who was standing there silently,I wanted him to say something from my side like Darshan would have,if he was here,like the way he did when Aunt ordered me to accompany him. 

Everyone is not Darshan,Aash!

I whispered this but it was loud enough for Abhi to here or everyone I guess.I went to the room and got ready as said by aunt or the witch,I should say.She was so good and now..

 I don't know but my eyes were moist again,why the hell I am being weird.I was feeling suffocated these aren't 'my people',I am feeling alone.

I called di.

DI: Kya hua oye?

I: Kuch nahi

DI; Bol

I: Di,everyone has changed or maybe after meeting Darshan I am not liking anyone else.

DI: Kya hua? Pura bata.

I explained her everything.

DI: Do one thing,come back home for few days.

I: I was about to tell this to everyone but they just ordered me di. My bestfriend stood there,didn't even bothered to tell them to listen me once.She was scolding me and he stood there,with nothing to say.Why? Why is this happening with me?

DI: Chotu,itni badi baat nahi hai.

I: Hai di haiii.Bohot badi hai. He should have supported me specially when he knows I am sad.

DI: Come back home baby.

I: I am going, to tell them about my plan.

DI: Good.We will go to some vacation or something.

I nodded and hung up. Checked myself and headed downstairs.

(Obviously not happy like the girl in image)

AUNT: Here she comes.

Everyone looked at me from the sitting area.I don't know what the hell was wrong with Abhi,suddenly.First,he didn't supported me and Second,he wasn't even looking up to me and behaving strange.

AUNT: Come,Aaisha.

ABHI'S FATHER: How are you now?

I: I am good.Thanks to the hospital staff and thanks for the starbucks.

AUNT: You know what Abhishek took care of you there,whole time.

I ignored that simply and started studying my nails.

AUNT: Aaisha,come here.

She took me side,when our back was facing the seating area.

I: What? Why aren't you all letting me speak? Am I an Alien? I was the one who met an accident,but it seems you all have had an injury in brain.

She simply smiled and gestured me to look back. I turned and found something which I never ever expected. Abhi was on his knees.No,I cannot take in what will happen next.WHAT THE FREAKING HELL!!

ABHI: Aaisha,I don't know how to say but..but..but

AUNT: Say it,kid.

I looked at her and then again at him,tears filling my eyes.

ABHI: Aaisha,but.I love you.

What the f*ck is happening in my life? Did my bestfriend just messed up things? I blacked out for a second,my hands weren't moving neither my brain. The whole world stopped for me. All that was happening,that I was able to hear people saying, nothing else.

Aunt lifted my hand forcefully and he made me wear the ring.I wanted to run away run very far away.

AUNT: She is shocked maybe that's the reason she isn't able to figure out anything.

I kept  staring at him,the one who used to understand me when no one used to, but today he is the one not understanding me. 

ABHI'S MOTHER: I wanted this to happen since so long.No,?

AUNT: Yeah!Me too

I couldn't breathe there anymore thus left everyone and ran,to my room.

I locked myself inside and breathed heavily.After few minutes,Aunt came.

AUNT: Open the door,Aaisha

I: Go..Go away.I don't wanna talk to anyone.

AUNT: Please,for the sake of your uncle and father.

I opened and let her in.

(After few hours)

I: I will do as you say.

AUNT: You are so smart,beta.God bless you.

She kissed my forehead and left. It was some 4 in the morning and I couldn't sleep.

What a start to the new year.-I whispered.

I started to look for flights online to book and go back to India.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was the TWIST then? What do you guys thing her aunt told her that she readily agreed?

SPREADLOVE