P A R T S E V E N

Jon's POV:

It was finally time to get back to work! With touring, that is. Tonight, we're all supposed to be playing a show in Louisiana.. New Orleans, to be exact. It's something about a Louisiana crowd that gets me very pumped. But I love every crowd, no matter the state or city. One of my favorite places to perform is Athens, Georgia. Sadly, we aren't doing a show there, but we're doing two shows in Atlanta, which is alright with me. I enjoy it there, too!

Right now, I'm in the midst of watching Ashland's set. She's actually singing "Beer Never Broke My Heart" by Luke Combs. She sings it so amazingly. Just like I knew she would.

"Long neck, ice cold beer never broke my heart, like diamond rings and football teams have torn this girl apart! C'mon, y'all! Sing it with me!" Ash sang, yelling out to the crowd.

"Like a neon dream, it just dawned on me that bars and this guitar, and long neck, ice cold beer never broke my heart!" Her and the crowd sang loudly. I loved sitting side stage and watching Ashland do what she was born to do. I'm so damn proud of my best friend and everything she will do in the future.

I cheered and hopped off the ground as I was sitting down. I saw Ash motioning me to come up on the stage. I shook my head to tell her "no", and even mouthed the word and she still kept motioning me so I really didn't have a choice.

I grabbed my microphone, in-ear monitors, and headed to the stage. The second I stepped foot onto the stage, the crowd went absolutely crazy and berserk. I couldn't help but grin carefully. My face was still sore from the other day when Hardy beat the crap out of me, but at least I could cover up half of the damage with my ball cap. That and if I just looked down at the ground the whole time, no one would notice that my face is all bruised.

"Y'all give my best friend, Jon Langston, a warm welcome! Me and him are goin' to do a duet!" Ashland remarked into the microphone, the band starting to play the starting hook of Home Alone Tonight by Luke Bryan. I know that song from anywhere. He always performs it at his shows, or at least the ones I opened up for, anyways.

"What you doin' in this place?" I asked, singing the lyrics as it was playing into my in-ear monitors.

"Well, I could be probably ask you the same thing," She sang as well, looking into my eyes.

"Another round, girl, what you think?" I grinned as I suddenly grabbed ahold of Ash's hand. "If you're buying, well, you know I'll drink.."

"So make it seven on seven. Do you want it on the rocks? A double shot of heaven, spillin' off the top.." We both sang in perfect harmony.

We soon finished the song, which meant that it was the end of Ashland's set. Which also meant it was my time! It was my turn. I for one was super excited! I have a brilliant idea, and I'm hoping that everyone will enjoy what surprise I have in mind for this show.

I ended up performing my highly anticipated song, "Try Missing You". I had wrote that one back in 2019, and it's slowly and surely becoming my favorite song I've ever written in my whole seven to eight years I've been in the whole singing and songwriting business.

The show ended, and all three of us were a sweaty, tired mess. I barely even made it onto my tour bus, that's how restless I honestly was after this show. That, and being in pain the whole time didn't help too much neither.