Chapter 7 : Bad News

Chapter  7 : Bad News

  Honestly, I have learnt my lesson. Never again am I going to ask a guy for a dress code. The standard response is “wear something nice and casual.”

I once made the mistake of asking my cousin about the dress code and ended up casually dressed for a formal party. That still remains as one of the most embarrasing days of my life. I'm in no mood to repeat it again.

Guys don't get it.They just don’t understand the importance of dressing up for occasions and find it a waste of time.I have a sneaking suspicion that this is because they have very few options to choose from themselves.

These thoughts run through my mind as I watch Ava get ready for Laurent’s party. She looks so  damn hot, in a little black number and high heels with light makeup on that,  if I were a guy I would have fallen head over heels in love with her, so I don’t blame poor Laurent. He has no choice.

She leaves early, as she wants to spend some time alone with him.

Hmm I wonder what that means, but I don’t have much time to ponder over their love life.

 I have an hour to get ready, and no clue whatsoever except Arnaud’s message

Wear something nice and casual. It’s just a family reunion.”

At the end I chose the same outfit that I had worn when I first met Arnaud.

He was on time.

Sharp at seven.

I hear the doorbell ring loudly. I open the door, and see Arnaud looking hotter than ever in a grey button down shirt and black jeans, his hair a little mussed but making me want to run my hands though it .

This guy personifies hotness.

I often ask myself, How can anyone look so damn good?

 “Bonjour Zoya. Tu  es très belle aujord’hui. J’adore la couleur,ça te va.” Arnaud started talking rapidly in French bringing me out of my dreamworld.

“Excuse-me.” 

“Désolè. Sorry. I said that you look very pretty. The colour suits you.” He says a little abashed while checking me out.

“Thankyou Arnaud, but I don’t feel very pretty. I mean good. I’m a bit nervous. I feel like an intruder. What will I do there. I don’t know anybody.” I ramble.

“Ce n’est pas vrai. That’s not true. You know me ma chère, plus Ava will be there too.” He says htaking my hand in his. I hardly notice how they fit perfectly together. Hardly.

“Yes, but you both will be busy , and I don’t want to be an added burden.”  I say trying to wiggle out a way of staying at home. 

He does not buy it. “ Zoya, You can never ever be a burden. I promise I will never leave your side.” He says earnestly.

“I hope you keep your promise.” I say sincerely.

“That’s one thing you can count on me for. Let’s leave or we’ll get late.” he says with a smile.

 The party is at Indigo. The same place, where I first met Arnaud. The only difference is that today it is closed for the public. Arnaud takes me in through the back door entrance. I wonder if he needs to know a secret passwprd or code word to get entry.

Too much fiction has hurt my brain I think.

We make our way through the kitchen and I get a glimpse of the Birthday cake:  Two tier, Dark chocolate, sinful and delicious.