Chapter 18 : A Birthday Wish.

Zoya’s P.O.V

Dear Diary,

Today was one of the most tiring days of my life, but I had a lot of fun.  All the late night planning, endless cups of coffee, long e-mails and endless chats bore fruit.

The result was a successful Birthday party and a stupendous Birthday gift.

After our midnight Birthday treat, I could not wait for day to dawn soon enough. After what seemed like years but were a mere hours on the clock, it was finally morning and the sun was up and shining. I brushed my teeth, had a quick bath of ten minutes, a new record even by my standards. I  kept my second parcel for Arnaud on the kitchen counter and left for class.

It was a leather wallet and the latest autographed edition, of a recipe book by a famous French chef, which Arnaud was waiting to lay his hands on. He liked the gift, if the message that I received on my phone was any indication.

Thanks a lot for the gift, it’s just what I wanted.

Laurent  was kind enough to take Arnaud out to do….. whatever guys do, so that Ava and I could make preparations for his Birthday party.  Ava finally  got a way to channel all her bubbling management skills and she helped me get everything in order, from the caterer, to the DJ and all. Looking at her no one can believe that this petite, sweet, docile girl can make someone twice her size dance to the tunes of her little finger.

Everything was set perfectly.  We still had a few hours in hand before Laurent brought him back to the apartment, I would have spent them making headway on my thesis, had it not been for Ava who dragged my ass to the parlor to ‘prep me’ for the party. 

Once done we went shopping to buy a suitable dress for her to wear at the party.

“Z what are you wearing?” Ava asked lifting the tenth hangar in the rack.

“ I thought I’ll just wear jeans and T-Shirt. It’s not my birthday any way,” was my casual response.

“You have got to be kidding me.” She looked at me incredulously.

“We have to buy you something that screams feminine. You are always wearing these loose baggy clothes, dressing up like a tomboy sometimes even I forget that you are a girl. I will find you something chic and sexy.” She said with a determined look.

“Ava Don’t.” I pleaded with my eyes but to no avail.

I knew she had made up her mind, and her golden eyes scanned me from top to toe, she picked up a dozen dresses and kept nodding her head. When at last I was ready to walk out leaving her alone, shsquealed loudly.

“Oh My God, Z I found it. This is Perfect. You have to wear it. I will not take ‘No’ for an answer.” She said pushing me into the changing room and throwing a dress on my face. I caught the dress and held it in my hands, It was a simple grey off shoulder dress with a yellow belt and very form fitting.

The dress was pretty but I was apprehensive.

“Come on Z. I want see how you look. Open up.” Ava constant banging on the door made my decision and I quickly tried the dress on. I was surprised how well it fit, just like a second skin and on the other hand it did reveal a lot of my legs, much more than what I was used to.

“Ava, I don’t think…” I said opening the door while trying to pull the dress a little lower.

“Z. You look Fab. You have to have this in your wardrobe. If you will not buy it I will, and I will make it a point to see that you wear this tonight.” Ava said with determination.