Chapter 13 : Dressing up

Chapter 13 : Dressing Up.

"Z, Open it." Ava says.

"No I will not." I retort.

We have been having this conversation for the past five minutes with neither of us ready to step down.

"Come on Zoya, Stop acting like a four year old throwing a tantrum. Open up." Ava says getting irritated.

" I will not." I reply holding my chair firmly.

"Why not?" Ava asks me exasperatedly

" BecauseI'mscared." I mutter

"Come again. I didn't quite get that."

"Because I'm scared," I say softly.

"Scared of what?" She asks me gently.

"The weapon of ultimate destruction in your hands." I reply.

"It's not a weapon of ultimate destruction as you so nicely put it. It's just a wand to apply mascara. This will bring out the lovely brown of your eyes. You have no idea how much I envy you with those exotic looks and doe like mesmerising eyes." She says dreamily.

" Thanks for the compliment. No matter how rosy and sweet you make it sound, I'm not going to allow you anywhere close to my eyes. I love them a lot. Thank you very much. Please stay at a safe distance from my eyes. What if your hand suddenly goes all wacky. Next thing I know I will have to wear an eye patch like Captain Barbossa from Pirates Of The Carribean." I reply keeping my eyes tightly shut.

"Ugh! You and your Pirates. I know just how much you love Johnny Depp  but I have no intention of making you look like his kin from the movie anytime soon, unless a pirate themed party comes your way." She says. I can hear her going off to la la land.

" Earth to Ava." 

"Z are you sure, you will not reconsider opening your eyes?"

"Hundred percent sure."

"Then I have only one option left." She sighs.

"Which is?" I inquire curiously.

In response to my question she starts tickling me. 

The nerve.

She knows my weak spots and how ticklish I am. She always uses it against me, making me do things I'm better off not doing.

"Say it." Ava says with a grin.

" I will not." I reply laughing/

"I have all the time. I can keep doing this you know." She says in her best imitation of a villain.

"All right. I surrender. I Promise to open my eyes." I reply as my sides start to hurt.

Boy that girl does know how to tickle and get her way.

AFTER HALF AN HOUR

"Perfect. Now slowly open you eyes and look at yourself in the mirror."

I do as I'm told.

I look into the mirror and I'm truly surprised.

Shocked is more like it. Staring back at me is a beautiful, graceful lady in a brown georgette sari.  A far cry from the normal jeans and sweat shirt clad girl that I normally am.

Ava is a true genius. She has done my hair and make up so well. She was right, the weapon of ultimate destruction does have it's uses. It truly brings out the light brown colour of my eyes. 

I look so different. I can't recognise myself. I wonder what Arnaud will say? Which reminds me I have completely forgotten to give him his clothes for the occasion.

I remove the parcel from my cupboard and hurry to his room as fast as I can, which is not really that quick considering that I'm  in a  sari.

I knock and immediately I can hear his voice, "Entrez. Enter."

"Arnaud I'm so sorry I forgot. this..." My words get entagled in my mouth as I stare at him. I was not expecting to see this. Arnaud had just come out of the bathroom after a bath. He had a towel wrapped around his hips, the water trickling down his chiseled body. His hair was wet and he had shaved. He looked like a Greek God. Hell even Greek Gods would shy away looking at him right now. 

" I'm so sorry.." I stammer unable to stare away from his perfect  features.

" ça va mon chèrie. You look Beautiful ."

"Thanks" I reply with a slight blush creeping over my face.

"You were saying something when you came in." He reminded me.

" I got this for you to wear for the wedding," I remember the parcel in my hand at get to work.

" Merci beaucoup. Thankyou so much." 

I turn to leave.

"Juste une minute Zoya. Wait a minute. What exactly do I do with this?" he says holding the kurta in one hand and the veshti (wraparound skirt) in another.

"You wear it. The one in your left hand is like a shirt and the one on the right you wrap it around."

"What if it falls?" He asks incredulously.

"It won't. " I reply

" I'm still worried." He says.

"Ok Go put on the Kurta and wear the shirt. I''l wrap the veshti for you"

"D'Accord. Un instant. Give me a sec."

He runs into the bathroom and before i can blink He is back.

"Stand Still and lift your hand please." I tell him.

I may not know a thing about saris but I do know a lot about veshtis and dhotis.

I was a complete tomboy in school and I always ended up as the male lead which most of the time required me to wear a dhoti. I hated to worry everyone at home every time, so I ended up learning the art of draping a dhoti and veshti.

Finally my awesome skills are being used and I get a chance to be so close to Arnaud.

"Zoya." Armaud says softly while I tie the veshti.

"Yes."

"You look very beautiful. Some Indian guy at the wedding is going to see you like that and fall in love with you. I will not stand a chance then."

"Don't worry. Nothing of that sort will happen. You stand a chance as I'm living with you and not him." I assure him. "Here we're done."

Arnaud looks at himself in the mirror and the full blown smile on his face tells me that he is pleased by what he can see.

"We make a wonderful pair." he says turning around and giving me the smile that makes me go weak in the knees.

"Yes We Do. Let's Go French Boy. It's time you see what an indian wedding looks like," I reply.

AN : Hey Guys Sorry for the  late update. I've been busy lately.I hope you enjoy this chapter. I look forward to your votes and moreover to  reading your comments. Look out for the next chapter!! Unexpected things are going to happen.