Chapter 20 : Budding Romance in the City of love.

Chapter 20 : Budding Romance in the City of love.

Zoya’s P.O.V

Arnaud and I are slowly walking on the beach, our hands intertwined, our sides gently brushing against each other. We walk contentedly, not a word is exchanged between the two of us. The silence is a not biting or haunting but more of the pleasurable one. He stops all of a sudden and points towards the horizon. The orange setting sun coupled with the soft waves of the sea and seagulls flying back to their nests paints a beautiful picture. I’m mesmerized, totally captured by the scene in front of me.

Arnaud tugs on my hand and slowly turns me around. He takes a step forward and inches closer to me, with his index finger he slowly lifts my chin so I can look into his eyes. His warm golden eyes like two glasses of clear champagne devour me completely. He kisses my forehead softly, I gently lean in to him and put my arms around him. He stares at my lips and I can see the question in his eyes, before he can open his mouth to ask me for permission and before I can chicken out I give a small nod. He slowly descends his mouth over mine. I close my eyes and feel his warm breath on my lips. I shiver in anticipation. His lips hover just a millimeter away from mine and then,

Look who’s digging their own grave,

that is what they all say.

You’ll drink yourself to death.

Bastille began to sing loudly in the open air. I have always loved Dan Smith’s voice but right now I cannot figure out why he chose to sing Icarus is flying too close to the sun at this very moment. I have been waiting for so long for Arnaud to kiss me and finally when it’s about to happen Dan starts singing.

The loud chorus wakes me up from my dream and my hands frantically search for the source of the  noise. Finally I hit jackpot. My hand feels something hard, metallic and noisy. I slowly press the snooze button on my phone.

Thank you Bastille.

Indeed! 

Thank you so much for destroying the one and only kiss that I was ever going to have.

Wait what?

When did I start dreaming about kissing guys?

My normal dreams had me winning a Statistics Scholarship or receiving the Nobel Prize for Outstanding Contribution to Science, not kissing an immensely hot Greek God with golden eyes who makes my knees weak and  incidentally also happens to be my neighbor, sleeping in the room right next to mine at this very moment.

My middle school teacher Mrs Dcosta suddenly appears like a vision in front of me, raising both her eyebrows with pursed lips giving me her famous “You are in trouble Missy” glare.

I slowly shake my head to get rid of the creepy vision and stretch my limbs. I can hear soft slap of feet on the wood flooring in the house and it makes my heart beat faster just knowing that Arnaud is up and about. I hurry into the bathroom and come out within an hour fresh and ravenous.

I tiptoe to the kitchen and quietly observe Arnaud who is oblivious to my presence completely engrossed in his task.

Clad in faded blue jeans and a snug green T Shirt he moves swiftly in the kitchen like a man on a mission laying the table and getting ready for breakfast. Before I can make my presence known, my stomach lets out an embarrassing growl announcing my presence.

Arnaud turns around and slowly looks at me starting from my feet. I had chosen to dress as per the weather and since it was a pleasant summer day I chose a floral printed dress and gladiator sandals, pairing it with a loose and messy braid. He smiles appreciatively.