Name: Roslyn - Species: Unknown 22

"You're my what?" I asked for the third time at least.

"Your grandfather." There was a definite growing irritation in his voice, which was not good because I did not particularly want to piss off a demon. Only I couldn't help it, I just couldn't get the thought through my mind.

"So my father is a-" this thought only just occurred to me.

"My son," Malrik sighed. "Prince Craven, a demon."

"And my mother?" my thought process was on a role.

"Your mother betrayed you, and your father," he looked down at me, eyes suddenly gone sympathetic. "She left you when you were only five years old."

"Oh-" I was surprised at the wash of sadness that struck me. I never knew my mother, but the fact that she left me really hit deep. "Why?"

"She never wanted to become pregnant," Malrik put a hand on my shoulder. "She had problems with your father too, so she took you and once you were born, she left you and carried on with her life."

"I see," I murmured. I guess she didn't love me then...

"Rose?" Mak came up to my side.

"Yeah?" I looked at him.

"I think we should go home," he glanced at the demon, then back at me. "You need some time to relax."

"Yes, I do think you need a chance relax and accept this information," Malrik said before I had a chance to even think about what Mak had said. "That is why I'm inviting you to my home."

"What?" I asked blankly, mind numb.

"I'm inviting you to my castle," he stared me directly in the eyes. "I want you to spend time with your family."

Family... real family. That was a new idea to me.

"Is my father there?" I asked softly.

"Yes."

I could meet my father... how could I possibly pass up this chance? This is what I was trying so hard to accomplish by getting the records, to find out who I am. Now I could find out first chance. There was just no way I could say no.

"I-"

"Rose," Mak cut me off. "Think about this, he lives in hell. Literally."

I hadn't thought about that.

"What was my mother?" I asked, not sure why that question suddenly came to mind.

"An angel," Malrik said evenly.

Half angel, half demon. My knees gave out. This was impossible. I couldn't possibly be so far from human. I couldn't take it all in. Mak came to my side, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and keeping me from falling flat on my back. I was too far gone in my shock to realize how much I was leaning against him.

"Rose?" Mak put a hand on my face, turning my face to look at him. "Hold on, we'll get through this."

"Yeah-" I murmured and promptly passed out.

"-help me"

"Yes, we can reach an-"

"I want-"

"-understand."

"Alright then, let's get going."

"Glad we could come to an accord."

"Rose?" Mak was whispering to me. It was annoying.

"Hmm?" I muttered, turning over.

"You are in a castle in hell."

I shot up like bullet. The room was big, but not huge. I was on a bed against the wall near the door. There was a grand armoire to the left and a vanity across from the bed on the far side of the room with a huge, gilded full-length mirror beside it.

Mak was sitting beside where I lay on the huge bed, a little too close for comfort. I was also not at all comfortable with what I was wearing. It was a silk rose colored dress that hit my knees and had a deep V-neck.

"Did you change me?"

"Yes."

"Bastard."

"Love you too."

I grit my teeth in annoyance. Mak never changed.

"So how did we get here?" I asked, sitting up. This was definitely not what I imagined hell would look like... then again I'd never given much thought to what hell would look like in the first place.

"The king brought us here," Mak stood up. "Your father is here too."

"Did you meet him?" I stared up at him.

"No, but I saw him, when we were coming in," he shrugged. "He wants to meet you."

"I want to meet him," I nodded.

"Well there's a dress here for you," he walked over to a chair beside the bed that I hadn't seen, and picked up a knee length cotton baby blue dress with a much more manageable neckline.

"Are there only dresses?" I asked, irritated. I am not a dress kinda girl.

"Yup."

"You're enjoying this immensely aren't you?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Bastard."

"That's twice in less than five minutes," he smirked. "My, my love you're really warming up to me."

"Ugh you're-" I couldn't think of a word harsh enough to describe the irritation bubbling up through me. So I chose to clench my jaw, grab the white dress from him and jump off the bed.

"Care to complete that sentence?" he laughed triumphantly.

"Care to leave the room so I can change?"

"Nope."

"Fine."

I was determined to show that he did not affect me. I was getting way too close to him lately and I did not like it. So I simply turned around, pulled the pink dress over my head and slipped on the white cotton. Then I proceeded to walk over to the full length mirror and smooth it out, never once looking at him.

Without warning, Mak appeared in the mirror and jerked me around to face him, his lips crashing down on mine. I was so shocked that I didn't even think to move. If I had seen him coming my defenses would have shot way up and he never would have even made it to the kiss. As it was, I hadn't seen him coming. So I stood there like a statue as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me like it was his last day of life.