Chapter Ten: Miscommunication

Start from the beginning

"What?" Marlene asked, her face screwed up. "Ben was dating Lockheart before the bastard cheated on him."

"Ohhh that's why she wanted to get revenge on him." Peter muttered.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on." Sirius said, standing up. "Who is dating my sister?"

"No one because Peter is a wimp, why did you think she was dating Benjy?"

"They went to the Slug club party together, and on the train after she was at the compartment I went to talk to her but she was hugging him."

Marlene let out a frustrated groan. "Are you kidding me right now? She came to the compartment to tell you how she felt and you didn't even look at her, that's why he was hugging her."

"Because I thought she was with Benjy!"

"Wait, Pete, you like Aries?" Sirius said.

"Um..." Peter replied, wincing slightly, he gave Sirius a slight nod.

"And then he had the fucking audacity to pat her arm and call her his friend!"

"Ah, Pete, that's low." James said, shaking his head disappointedly.

"We didn't raise you to be like this Worms," Remus said, hiding a smirk.

"You patted her shoulder and put her in the friendzone?" Sirius said, glaring at Peter.

"I thought she was dating someone else! I wanted to respect her boundaries!"

"There's no coming back from this Pete, she's gonna put you in the friendzone next." Lily said, resting her head back on James' shoulder.

"Well what do I do?" Peter said a slight panic was hidden in his voice.

"Give her a huge kiss." James laughed.

"Do not kiss my little sister."

"Sirius." Lily laughed.

"Fine, peck her cheek but don't kiss her!"

"There's a Hogsmeade trip coming up on Saturday, ask her out then." Remus suggested.

"Take her to Madam Puddifoots." James said.

"Do not take her to Madam Puddifoot's." Sirius said, giving James a glare.

"You better get thinking Pettigrew, because if not I will kill you." Marlene said, giving him a death stare.

"She's joking." Lily said looking at Peter's scared face.

Marlene shook her head looking at him dead in the eyes. "No I'm not."

☽☆☾

"Come on my heartbroken besties, let's get dinner," Dorcas said walking around the dorm room. "I'm hungry and I just heard both of your stomachs rumble."

"I'm not hungry."

"I heard we're having chicken pie, you love chicken pie," Dorcas said, she took Aries arms and tried lifting her up from the bed. "God dammit Aries, there is no room for all three of us to be upset."

"Why are you upset?" Benjy asked.

"Because you're both upset, it's dampening my mood." she replied, still trying to lift Aries up. "Ben help me."

"No."

"You both suck, get over it." Dorcas said. "And yes I know, I am shit at comforting you both but you know what will make you happy... the Hogwarts feast."

"Hardly a feast on Thursday's."

"Okay? There's still food. Let's go."

Aries let out a loud groan then got up herself. "Fine."

"Love you, Air."

"Love me too."

The three made their way down to the great hall.

"Aries! Aries!" Peter called from behind her.

She stopped and saw him rushing towards her, Benjy and Dorcas looked at each other before going into the hall.

"Hey." he said, stopping in front of her.

"Hi." she said, bluntly.

"Um, there's a Hogsmeade trip on Saturday, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?"

Aries shook her head. "I'm busy."

"What about now? I know a couple of exits we could go three broomsticks?"

"I have loads of homework to do."

Peter slouched as he nervously scratched the back of his neck.
"We could go to the kitchens, I can make that cake again?"

"Nah, don't trouble yourself, see you later." Aries said, turning into the great hall leaving him alone in the corridor.

"Ooh, you've had a stinker." James said, putting his arm around Peter's shoulder.

"I fucked up, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you better hide from Marlene." Lily said, walking on the other side of Peter.

"And Sirius."

☽☆☾

"Yup, you have a temperature." Dorcas said, putting her hand on Aries forehead.

"I feel like I'm dying." Aries said nasally, her voice was hoarse and her head was banging.

"At least you have the sexy ill voice," Dorcas said, jealously.

"Still feel like I'm dying."

"Cas! Air! Pomfrey said there's no more potion left for the cold, Aries is just going to have to deal with it until it goes." Benjy shouted from the stairway.

Aries groaned, covering herself with the blanket.

"I can stay here if you want." Dorcas said, tucking her in.

"No it's fine, go Hogsmeade I'm going to get some more sleep."

"I'll sneak you back some butterbeer,"

"Thanks Cas."

"Get some rest, Air!" Benjy shouted up.

"Tell him I said thanks, I'm not shouting right now." Aries said as Dorcas left.

Aries laid back in her bed and went back to sleep.

What felt like a couple of seconds but was actually a few hours she heard a rap on the window of the dorm. She looked towards it and saw a brown barn owl waiting to come in.

She got out from under the covers and walked to the window opening it, the owl carried in a large silver bowl with a small note attached to the lid.

Heard you were feeling ill,
made some tomato soup
Get well soon

She smiled softly as she knew who it was from even without it being signed. Although her nose was blocked she could smell the warm soup, she opened the lid and saw the red liquid. A few pieces of buttered toasted French baguette were placed on top.

She ate the food feeling somewhat better, she told herself that she would thank Peter for the food despite coming up with an excuse the last time he spoke to her.

She finished leaving the bowl on the side, the owl picked it up and flew back out the window, she went back to sleep hoping that she would overcome the illness soon.

__________________

Chapter 10!!!

Please vote and comment 🌟

♈️