CHAPTER 15 ↠ a dinner party

Start from the beginning

Isaiah and Jeremiah Jesus arrived then, giving Bea and excuse to say nothing at Aberama, who dropped his hands from her face when Isaiah got close.

He nodded at Bea. "Everything alright?"

"It's fine."

"Let's go in, then," he offers and when she turns to the house he puts a hand on her back, as if leading her in.

Bea didn't know if he saw how she didn't want to be there with Aberama or if he thought that Aberama was being wrongful with her, or if he missed the scene and didn't catch on the fact the father and daughter were having a moment.

Anyway, she was glad that he and his father had gotten there and that Isaiah took her inside the house.

Bonnie saw her come in and, after shaking Isaiah's hand, he went to her and put an arm around her shoulders for comfort, before taking her to the living room behind Isaiah.

There was music and drinks were being served already, as the Shelby's, Lizzie, Johnny Dogs and Curly were already there.

Bea went to Arthur and apologized for how rude she had been before and said she was glad he was alive after all.

Then, she went to Tommy.

"Thank you for inviting me to your house for dinner, Tommy," she says with a big smile.

"Of course. The least I could do. You've been very helpful the past few days, Bonnie won the fight, Aberama has done what we agreed on..."

"Amazing what you did. Bringing back a dead man, paying off your enemies to become your enemy's enemies, making deals with people across the Atlantic... very nice."

Tommy takes a glass of champagne and hands it to Bea.

"To celebrate a special occasion," he states.

She nods once and then walks away. Finn, who was already looking at her smiled and she headed his away.

"How are you feeling?" she asks. "Excited, I presume, to still have your brother."

"Couldn't have wished on a better conclusion for this whole thing."

Bea takes a sip of her champagne.

"Do you want me to show you around?" Finn offers.

"I've been here already, taking care of Charlie."

"Oh, right..."

"I haven't gone downstairs, though. But it's just the kitchens, right?"

Finn was about to answer when Isaiah interrupted him.

"Has she told you?"

"Told me what?"

"We're going to do some shooting tonight," Isaiah affirms with a big smile across his face.

"Have you asked Tommy permission?" Bea wonders, as she didn't actually think that they were going to shoot anything at Tommy's property.