Chapter 18 - Partners

Start from the beginning

"That was... a lie."

"Huh?!" A sound escapes Takemichi's lips while he's left there shocked.

"I used Kazutora to kill Baji. And now... I'm continuing where I left off." Kisaki evilly smirks.

.

.

.

Feeling dizzy and suddenly losing consciousness, Takemichi wakes up to find his hands tied up to a chair and not being able to move. He looks at his side to see Chifuyu all beaten up and bruised.

"Matsuno Chifuyu, you've always held a grudge against me, since that incident twelve years ago. Trying to get revenge for Baji Keisuke?" Kisaki asks. "Even using a girl for your revenge.. who would've thought?" He grins with malice written all over his face.

'Using a girl? What the hell is going on?!'  Takemichi becomes confused.

"Oi, bring her in." Kisaki shouts to the guards outside the room and a familiar girl is brought in against her will, in front of them all.

'That's.. Is that who I think it is..? A-

"Stop it Kisaki!" Chifuyu shouts. "Aoi has nothing to do with this!!"

"Shielding for the girl, are you? Should've never involved her in this shit in the first place then, lover boy!" Kisaki kicks the poor guy in the stomach, repeatedly beating him down.

"Put her in front of me!" Kisaki orders the guards and the girl who was trying to squirm out from the hold of the guards is violently pushed to the ground next to Chifuyu. She couldn't move much even if she wanted to as she was drugged before.

"You're the one who ratted out Toman, aren't you?!" Kisaki starts kicking Chifuyu again. "Using this bitch's brain, trying to manipulate everyone, you small-minded bastard!"

He points the gun towards Aoi's head. "Such a pretty face, wasted on revenge. A brain that rivals mine, we could have made such a great team, don't you think?" He starts to laugh like a crazy person and Aoi glares into the eyes of the man she so much despised. Before he could pull the trigger, the door suddenly bursts open.

.

.

.

"I told you I would handle the girl Kisaki!!" A screaming Hanma comes running in but stops in his place when he sees a gun being pointed towards Aoi's face.

"Handle? You? Hah! More like be manipulated into doing what she wants you to!" Kisaki puts his hand down and pulls the girl up while holding onto her hair.

"This wasn't what you promised! You told me she wouldn't be killed!" Hanma shouts while Kisaki just laughs, "You should know by now that pawns only move according to the king's will. Did you really think I would keep my promise to a pawn like you?" As Hanma was about to move forward, Kisaki points the gun towards him.

"Take a step forward and you're gonna be the one getting shot." Kisaki threatens while Hanma freezes in place.

"Now that the stupidity is all over, got any last words? Suzuki Aoi?" Kisaki says, now pointing the gun towards Aoi's temple.